CSUN Fall 2020 applicants

rahhbekuhh

On 3/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, rahhbekuhh said:

Ahhh!!! I received my acceptance letter yesterday! I randomly checked my email after a day of no checking and there it was! I’m crying for sure. Good luck to everyone!! 

Congratulations! We made it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else has been put on the waitlist? Or the chances of getting accepted from the waitlist? It’s the only school I applied to so I’m a little worried ? Congrats to everyone that have been accepted! 

Edited by Jacks90

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 9:12 AM, MSWDUDE19 said:

Hello all,

I’m currently a CSUN MSW student going into my second semester. I promised myself that if I got accepted to the program that I would give back to this forum in some capacity, as I was in your shoes not so long ago. 

So if any of you have any grueling questions, please feel free to reach out & I will do my best to answer them as best & as quickly as possible. :)

Hello, I applied CSUN MSW FALL 2021. Since English is my second language, I am very nervous about group interviews.

I need help!!! I really want to know what types of questions were given. Thank you so much!! 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:19 PM, rahhbekuhh said:

Hey all!  Just wondering who else has applied to CSUN for fall 2020?  I applied on 11/25 and anxiously check my email every day ?.  It’s my top choice and I’m super anxious but I also feel confident in my school and work history. I’ve only ever been employed in social work so I have almost 10 years experience and a degree in psych. 

anyone else?

Edited by JUM

2 minutes ago, JUM said:

Hi!

The group interview was fairly easy. They want it to be a very comfortable experience. I think if you explain English is not your first language they will do their best to accommodate you. But they give you your question that you must answer written for you to read before answering verbally. They also break you up into groups within the group to discuss together. 

2 minutes ago, rahhbekuhh said:

Hi!

The group interview was fairly easy. They want it to be a very comfortable experience. I think if you explain English is not your first language they will do their best to accommodate you. But they give you your question that you must answer written for you to read before answering verbally. They also break you up into groups within the group to discuss together. 

Thank you for your reply!

Do you remember some interview questions?  

how was the group scenario work? do we have to present it to the Faculty?  

2 minutes ago, JUM said:

Thank you for your reply!

Do you remember some interview questions?  

how was the group scenario work? do we have to present it to the Faculty?  

They were pretty generic social work career questions. About your thoughts on certain things relating to social work.

The group question was scenarios and how you would respond. And you are given time to discuss amongst the group and then they ask for your answers.

My advice for the interview is to make sure you speak up! Don't talk over others but also make sure they hear your thoughts.

4 minutes ago, rahhbekuhh said:

They were pretty generic social work career questions. About your thoughts on certain things relating to social work.

The group question was scenarios and how you would respond. And you are given time to discuss amongst the group and then they ask for your answers.

My advice for the interview is to make sure you speak up! Don't talk over others but also make sure they hear your thoughts.

Thank you so much!!