CSUN Fall 2020 applicants

rahhbekuhh

Just now, kittybugs said:

I am doing my interview on monday February 17th. It said acceptance letters will be mailed by April 1st in the email

That's a good turn around time!  Good luck at your interview! Wishing you the best!

26 minutes ago, rahhbekuhh said:

Ahhh!  SO excited for you guys! How much time in between invite and interview are they giving you?  I'm not currently in LA so I will have to fly out and I'm nervous it's going to be a quick turn around time lol.  PLEASE let this mean that MSW is going to start invites soon.  I am DYING. Lol

Hello :) You are given a chance to choose a date between 17th and 20th! I hope that helps! 

@rahhbekuhhYou are welcome. Stay optomistic!

I am enjoying the program and am excited for what's to come. The courses I have taken so far have been great in that they have allowed me to view many aspects of my work and personal life through a social work lens, which is something that I have longed for and have definitely appreciated as I've been learning and gaining perspective. You'll come to find that this program will constantly have you self-reflect and become more self-aware of yourself, which will potentially help you grow both as a person and practitioner. I feel like I am already a different person since I started off a couple of months ago.

Also the faculty in the program are highly invested in their students' success and make sure that you are getting your money's worth, which is a major plus because as you know grad school is a life-changing investment. So you want to make sure you are in a program that is going to support you day in and out and ensure you are getting the most out of the experience. So far, I feel like CSUNs MSW is providing that for me and will continue to do so throughout my time in the program. That's my little spiel lol. 

I am part of the 3-year "part-time" cohort. 

@MSWDUDE19 thank you so much! I appreciate all your answers. Thanks for letting me pick your brain!

i still haven’t heard back about an interview and it seems no one else has either as far as on here.  I’m actually dying lol I might go crazy checking my emails! 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, rahhbekuhh said:

I’ve seen some people start getting interview invites and I haven’t yet AGHHHHHHHHH

Really people started to get invites? I haven't heard from anyone I know about interviews. And I know exactly how you feel. 

16 hours ago, msw/kg said:

Really people started to get invites? I haven't heard from anyone I know about interviews. And I know exactly how you feel. 

Yeah! I’m on a fb group for California School MSW applicants.  You should join its super helpful!!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/californiamswschoolsmswapplicantsupportgroup/?ref=share When did you apply?? 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:04 AM, msw/kg said:

OMG congratulations I hope it goes well for you wishing you luck. Im still waiting on mine. 

Thank you!!! When did you submit your app?  I hope you get yours soon too!!

20 hours ago, rahhbekuhh said:

Thank you!!! When did you submit your app?  I hope you get yours soon too!!

I submitted mine early November but my references didn't finish there letters of recommendation until late December. I hope that's why I haven't heard back. 

18 hours ago, msw/kg said:

I submitted mine early November but my references didn't finish there letters of recommendation until late December. I hope that's why I haven't heard back. 

I think that's totally why.  Are you in state? Based on my limited database of the FB group I am in, the out of state ones emailed have applied november and in state have applied later than that but are closer to the school so its easier to schedule them?  IDK lol this was my rationale to help me stay sane as I waited.  Luckily my LOR's submitted before i did so I didn't have to wait.  I think you should be getting one soon!!

Hi everyone, I applied to CSUN's program close to the deadline and I got an email about an interview last week. My interview is set for this coming Monday afternoon! I went to CSUN as an undergrad, graduated 2013 Cum Laude and CSUN is my first choice.

12 hours ago, bkcg said:

Hi everyone, I applied to CSUN's program close to the deadline and I got an email about an interview last week. My interview is set for this coming Monday afternoon! I went to CSUN as an undergrad, graduated 2013 Cum Laude and CSUN is my first choice.

Congrats!!! I hope your interview goes well!  I have mine on Saturday!   Did you like CSUN as an undergrad?  I assume so since it's your first choice :)  Here's hoping we're future classmates :)!!

Hey there,

I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experience; I just found TheGradCafe and forums like this have really helped me not feel totally alone. 

I applied to the CSUN online MSW back in November, and received 2 emails (I missed the first one, YIKES) about the interview that I believe will be next Monday. Naturally, I'm getting increasingly anxious about the interview and whether I'm able to present myself the way I want to -- if that makes sense?

Anyway, I just wanted to come on here & say congrats to everyone who's working hard & I wish you all the best!

10 hours ago, socialworkmasters2020 said:

Hey there,

I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experience; I just found TheGradCafe and forums like this have really helped me not feel totally alone. 

I applied to the CSUN online MSW back in November, and received 2 emails (I missed the first one, YIKES) about the interview that I believe will be next Monday. Naturally, I'm getting increasingly anxious about the interview and whether I'm able to present myself the way I want to -- if that makes sense?

Anyway, I just wanted to come on here & say congrats to everyone who's working hard & I wish you all the best!

You'll do amazing!  Be confident in your ability, your passion and your knowledge.  They will see it!  It's totally nervewracking for sure!  Congrats to you and best of luck! You'll have to check in after monday and let us know how it went!  Mine is on Saturday ahhh!!!

On 2/18/2020 at 7:23 AM, rahhbekuhh said:

I think that's totally why.  Are you in state? Based on my limited database of the FB group I am in, the out of state ones emailed have applied november and in state have applied later than that but are closer to the school so its easier to schedule them?  IDK lol this was my rationale to help me stay sane as I waited.  Luckily my LOR's submitted before i did so I didn't have to wait.  I think you should be getting one soon!!

Yes I'm in state and currently attending CSUN for my undergrad. I did doing the FB group and it is very helpful like you said thanks for the tip. 

On 2/19/2020 at 7:50 AM, rahhbekuhh said:

Congrats!!! I hope your interview goes well!  I have mine on Saturday!   Did you like CSUN as an undergrad?  I assume so since it's your first choice :)  Here's hoping we're future classmates :)!!

Yes Loved CSUN as an undergrad and after receiving another masters at a Loyola Marymount University, it was great for me to see first hand that there isn't much of a difference education wise in regards to what you get at a private institution verses a public university like CSUN. I hope your interview went well! 

21 hours ago, bkcg said:

Yes Loved CSUN as an undergrad and after receiving another masters at a Loyola Marymount University, it was great for me to see first hand that there isn't much of a difference education wise in regards to what you get at a private institution verses a public university like CSUN. I hope your interview went well! 

That’s great news!! It’s good to see it’s got such a good reputation!   Thank you! I think it went well, now for the agonizing wait ahhhh!!!

On 2/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, rahhbekuhh said:

You'll do amazing!  Be confident in your ability, your passion and your knowledge.  They will see it!  It's totally nervewracking for sure!  Congrats to you and best of luck! You'll have to check in after monday and let us know how it went!  Mine is on Saturday ahhh!!!

Hey, thanks so much! I appreciate the words of encouragement :--) I had my interview yesterday and it was much less scary than I anticipated haha. I hope yours went well on Saturday, I'm sure you did great! 

On 2/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, rahhbekuhh said:

That’s great news!! It’s good to see it’s got such a good reputation!   Thank you! I think it went well, now for the agonizing wait ahhhh!!!

Yes indeed the wait is the worse. I think my interview Monday went well also. It was nice to meet the Chair of the department as she was one of our faculty in my interview time slot.

18 hours ago, socialworkmasters2020 said:

Hey, thanks so much! I appreciate the words of encouragement :--) I had my interview yesterday and it was much less scary than I anticipated haha. I hope yours went well on Saturday, I'm sure you did great! 

Yay!  It was way less scary than I thought too.  I loved talking with the others in my group, it was so refreshing and fun to be around like-minded people.  I'm glad yours felt good too!!  Now we wait.  Ahhhhh!!

11 hours ago, bkcg said:

Yes indeed the wait is the worse. I think my interview Monday went well also. It was nice to meet the Chair of the department as she was one of our faculty in my interview time slot.

Yay!  I met her too!  She was super nice and funny.  Love that!  I'm eager to see if I got in or not.  I'm concerned at the small amount of people they accept.  That's my biggest worry, otherwise I feel rather confident in my skills and my experience.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:15 PM, msw/kg said:

Yes I'm in state and currently attending CSUN for my undergrad. I did doing the FB group and it is very helpful like you said thanks for the tip. 

Glad you joined! If you see me on there, say hi!