Musicology Grad Programs 2020

Sasha243

Hello all looking for fellow people who are applying for musicology graduate programs. Just wondering how everyone's interviews and acceptances or going. The last thread I found on this subject was a few years ago.  I've applied to 6 programs and have received 2 interviews. Waiting for the rest. If you would like to talk about programs or have advise, I would love to hear it!

10 hours ago, Sasha243 said:

Hello all looking for fellow people who are applying for musicology graduate programs. Just wondering how everyone's interviews and acceptances or going. The last thread I found on this subject was a few years ago.  I've applied to 6 programs and have received 2 interviews. Waiting for the rest. If you would like to talk about programs or have advise, I would love to hear it!

I applied to four PhD programs in musicology: UCLA, UC Davis, Eastman, and CUNY Graduate Center. Where'd you apply? 

Congrats on interviews! Where'd you apply and what kind of stuff do you work on/see yourself working on?

Relatedly: if you haven't already applied to University of Louisville, the program is fantastic and funded. I believe applications are still open.

• 1 month later...

I applied to five programs and have heard back positively from three: UMD, UGA, and CUNY. Still waiting on any kind of notification from Princeton and Harvard but I assume at this point that if they haven’t contacted me for an interview, it is likely a “no.” Anyone else? 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:56 AM, EKA94 said:

I applied to five programs and have heard back positively from three: UMD, UGA, and CUNY. Still waiting on any kind of notification from Princeton and Harvard but I assume at this point that if they haven’t contacted me for an interview, it is likely a “no.” Anyone else? 

Congrats! I am accepted with pretty good funding at UC Davis, waitlisted for funding at CUNY, rejected from Eastman, and still waiting on results from UCLA. 

What kind of stuff do you work on?

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 1:18 AM, tray said:

Congrats! I am accepted with pretty good funding at UC Davis, waitlisted for funding at CUNY, rejected from Eastman, and still waiting on results from UCLA. 

What kind of stuff do you work on?

congrats for your acceptance at UC Davis! I applied PhD in Composition at CUNY and also on the waiting list for funding. Have you heard any updates for admission from CUNY until now?

Thank you! Nothing from CUNY yet, but it's okay. I am honestly thrilled and surprised to be on the waitlist, even, considering how competitive it is.