International Education Development/ Policy 2020

puravida428

Looking for my fellow IEP/IE/IED applicants!!! I am hoping to have some guidance and opinions about the schools I have been applying to and what best avenue to take. I have so far applied to TC Columbia, NYU Steinhardt, Vanderbilt, George Washington University, and SIT.

I have been doing my research and notice that programs vary a lot between schools. My biggest concern is about the career outlook afterwords. Just curious what everyone's general opinion in as well as to see where my fellow IE folks are out there and what your experience has been. 

I also am wondering where I will get in.. Low GRE scores but I think Vandy is the only who required on application. 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:19 AM, puravida428 said:

Looking for my fellow IEP/IE/IED applicants!!! I am hoping to have some guidance and opinions about the schools I have been applying to and what best avenue to take. I have so far applied to TC Columbia, NYU Steinhardt, Vanderbilt, George Washington University, and SIT.

I have been doing my research and notice that programs vary a lot between schools. My biggest concern is about the career outlook afterwords. Just curious what everyone's general opinion in as well as to see where my fellow IE folks are out there and what your experience has been. 

I also am wondering where I will get in.. Low GRE scores but I think Vandy is the only who required on application. 

Are you talking about Master's programs? The programs I'm familiar with at those universities do require the GRE for PhD applications...

2 hours ago, trekhgornyval said:

Are you talking about Master's programs? The programs I'm familiar with at those universities do require the GRE for PhD applications...

Yes! Sorry I didn't clarify, specifically Master's.

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:19 PM, puravida428 said:

Hello fellow IED/IEP applicant! How are the schools treating you? Would love to see more actions on this topic as we are getting closer to April 15. 

On 3/23/2020 at 7:11 PM, Tea_Drinker said:

Hello fellow IED/IEP applicant! How are the schools treating you? Would love to see more actions on this topic as we are getting closer to April 15. 

Hi! I would love to see more here as well, where are you looking? I have narrowed down to Vandy, GW, and NYU. I have virtual admitted student sessions with Vandy and NYU coming up this week. Hoping that clarifies my decision. I didn't receive any money from Vandy and I did from GW and NYU but I like Vandy's program layout better, so I am feeling stuck. 

2 hours ago, puravida428 said:

Hi! I would love to see more here as well, where are you looking? I have narrowed down to Vandy, GW, and NYU. I have virtual admitted student sessions with Vandy and NYU coming up this week. Hoping that clarifies my decision. I didn't receive any money from Vandy and I did from GW and NYU but I like Vandy's program layout better, so I am feeling stuck. 

I am also hoping those virtual sessions will help me with the decision making process. Penn, TC, and NYU are top on my list. Have you applied to any graduate assistanship? That could help with the finance part.

See you at NYU's session next week! 

20 hours ago, Tea_Drinker said:

I am also hoping those virtual sessions will help me with the decision making process. Penn, TC, and NYU are top on my list. Have you applied to any graduate assistanship? That could help with the finance part.

See you at NYU's session next week! 

Congrats! Penn was my top choice but I didn't get in :( They are just starting to post their assistantships so I am seeing what is available. I have a hard time not being able to visit campus and see the feel of things so I really hope these virtual sessions will help!

• 2 months later...