CSUN and CSULB MFT Masters in counseling

dbrick

11 hours ago, hopefulmft said:

Hello! I turned in my application early since I’ve been rejected from a Masters 2 years ago and wanted to get it done differently this time! However, as far as I know, it doesn’t effect anything! They start reviewing applications together at the same time, so I wouldn’t be too nervous about it! 

Yes, I do have some experience in mental health field. I worked as a behavioral therapist with kids with special needs for a year, worked as a crisis counselor for a year, and am currently working with kids with special needs again. I also have been involved in research in psychology for a year.I hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for your kind wishes! 

I appreciate you taking the time to share that with me! It is always helpful to get an idea of what other people have experienced, and how you decided to do things a little different based on your past experience with applying. 

That's awesome that you have that much experience, I think you will do awesome in the program.

I'm definitely feeling a little less bummed now about not getting an invite, if it's not meant to happen for me it's not the end of the world. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 7:55 AM, dbrick said:

@hopefulmft @kittybugs

How did your interviews go??? if you want to share of course 

and in case you see this before you had the interview good luck!!

Thanks! I think mine went very well. I think I answered clearly and used solid examples from my experience to support my answers. I was much less nervous than I thought I would be. Hope I make it in! 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:55 AM, dbrick said:

@hopefulmft @kittybugs

How did your interviews go??? if you want to share of course 

and in case you see this before you had the interview good luck!!

Hi @dbrick! I would say the interview went rather well for me. I loved the format and the questions that were asked: it was fascinating to hear other applicants' stories. All of the interviewees were so qualified for the program! Also, the faculty members who interviewed us did an amazing job giving non-verbal positive reinforcement. That really helped me stay grounded.

I want to believe that I managed to show who I am and to share my passion for the field :)  Now I am trying to relax and NOT update my email every 3 seconds...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@hopefulmft 

Hello! I interviewed for the MSW program at CSUN, and I’m currently on the waitlist. I was just wondering if they gave you a rank or anything that of your chances of getting in? It’s the only school I applied to so I’m getting a little nervous about the actual chances of getting in. congrats btw on your admission! 

Edited by Jacks90