UCI - Anyone hear back?

Hey guys, I'm an international student and just wondering if anyone heard back from UCI? I'm confused because the program said interviews weren't required for the application process, but I saw that 2 people got invited to interviews. If I didn't get an interview by now, does that mean I was rejected? 

Thanks, wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications! 

I'm not sure if you're the same guy that asked this on reddit, but regardless, they haven't sent out acceptances yet. Not every school interviews and some schools that do interview still accept people who have not interviewed. So you're fine so far. I wouldn't start to worry until you see multiple acceptances go out. 

21 hours ago, Ralvarez said:

I'm not sure if you're the same guy that asked this on reddit, but regardless, they haven't sent out acceptances yet. Not every school interviews and some schools that do interview still accept people who have not interviewed. So you're fine so far. I wouldn't start to worry until you see multiple acceptances go out. 

Nope, not the same guy that asked on reddit haha but I'm happy to see that I'm not the only crazy person. I really appreciate your answer, it made me realize I was freaking out for no reason and I'm definitely not doing that again. I'll just wait and see, no matter what happens, it'll all work out in the end :-) 

Yesterday I heard that people add fake info to the results page sometimes. Why they do so is beyond me, but maybe these are fake as well? 

Well, now we've got three interview requests and two acceptances. Though its possible two of the interviews are the now acceptances, making only three posters. Nevertheless, I'm starting to worry. Hopefully this will be our week.

3 hours ago, Theoryboi said:

Well, now we've got three interview requests and two acceptances. Though its possible two of the interviews are the now acceptances, making only three posters. Nevertheless, I'm starting to worry. Hopefully this will be our week.

Me too ? I’m disappointed but we’ll be okay no matter what. There’s always next year :) 

18 hours ago, PhD2020Applicant said:

Randomly checked my email and saw something from UCI. My heart dropped... Turns out that it was just a newsletter hahaha... I almost think they’re doing it on purpose ??

haha I got that too. It freaked me out because I didn't even apply there.

Edited by Ralvarez

So now that there is a waitlist post on the results page, I can't help but feel that means they have made all of their decisions. I wonder if they had a very small yield this year or just not a very active applicant group on Gradcafe.

31 minutes ago, Theoryboi said:

So now that there is a waitlist post on the results page, I can't help but feel that means they have made all of their decisions. I wonder if they had a very small yield this year or just not a very active applicant group on Gradcafe.

Noticed that as well :( I just wish they sent decisions out all together. Don’t quite get the rational behind that. 
I guess we’ll know within a few short days. Either way, I feel ya. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Huntcheese said:

Hey everyone! I was one of the waitlist postings and I still have not heard back beyond that. Received the email on Jan 30th so I'm hoping to get an update by the end of the month. Best of luck  

I'm going to be declining my UCI offer this week so hopefully one of you guys gets in!

I’m currently a PhD candidate at UCI and I can confirm that everyone that I know in my cohort had interviews before receiving their admission letters. The interviews were not like really official interviews, but they were some sort of a check-in before the school sent admission letters. 

On 2/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, ugurcanevci said:

I’m currently a PhD candidate at UCI and I can confirm that everyone that I know in my cohort had interviews before receiving their admission letters. The interviews were not like really official interviews, but they were some sort of a check-in before the school sent admission letters. 

I am waitlisted but I have not been contacted for an interview. I guess if they want to accept me off the waitlist then they might contact me for an interview first?

On 2/21/2020 at 9:18 AM, PoliticalTheory13 said:

I am waitlisted but I have not been contacted for an interview. I guess if they want to accept me off the waitlist then they might contact me for an interview first?

That is what I'm assuming as well but haven't heard anything back about an interview or any further steps beyond the waitlist (better known as academic purgatory). lol  

On 2/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, PoliticalTheory13 said:

I am not sure how does it work with waitlisted applicants, but if you are ever invited for an interview, it is almost certain that you were admitted to the program already. 

47 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I am not sure how does it work with waitlisted applicants, but if you are ever invited for an interview, it is almost certain that you were admitted to the program already. 

Okay. Thank you! It is nice of you to come back to grad cafe to share your wisdom.