Ethnic Studies Fall 2020

Blackbird7

1 hour ago, soupnazi said:

No word from UCR or UCSD yet! Berkely was a no, but I have one acceptance elsewhere (diff program), so I'm a little less stressed. Haha. You?

That’s cool. No word yet from either program either. I thought I’d be more calm about this whole process but oh my goodness the waiting is rough! 

On 2/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, Blackbird7 said:

That’s cool. No word yet from either program either. I thought I’d be more calm about this whole process but oh my goodness the waiting is rough! 

Still keeping me fingers crossed for us! In this case, no news is better than bad news, right? I mean, even if offers have been made, we could be on a short list of alternates if we've yet to get rejections from these programs! ?

On 2/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, Blackbird7 said:

Also, maybe Berkeley rejected me because I typed too quickly above and dropped an E? ?

On 2/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, soupnazi said:

Still keeping me fingers crossed for us! In this case, no news is better than bad news, right? I mean, even if offers have been made, we could be on a short list of alternates if we've yet to get rejections from these programs! ?

My exact thoughts! I am still hopeful and now kinda simmered down to a pensive patience I can endure:) Good luck! 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, soupnazi said:

No word from UCR or UCSD yet! Berkely was a no, but I have one acceptance elsewhere (diff program), so I'm a little less stressed. Haha. You?

Hey so I contacted UCSD and they said that their final decisions will be out in approx a week from yesterday. I am still hopeful! I didn’t email UCR but I might if they keep us waiting too long:) 

Nice! Thanks for the update! UCSD's app deadline was so late, I'm sort of surprised that we might hear from them before UCR! I'm waiting to hear from Stanford also, and their deadline was about a month before UCSD. There's no making sense of these things, I guess.

Maybe UCSD and UCR are sending out financial package details along with admissions decisions, and that's what has caused the delay? I was offered admission at UCI a couple of weeks ago, but still have not received a written, official financial package yet! I was told by a POI at UCLA that, at this point, all UCs are sort of scrambling to figure out their funding, sooooo... I'm cautiously optimistic for us!

Edited by soupnazi

On 2/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, Blackbird7 said:

Hey so I contacted UCSD and they said that their final decisions will be out in approx a week from yesterday. I am still hopeful! I didn’t email UCR but I might if they keep us waiting too long:) 

I've bitten all my nails off in anticipation. ?