NYU Wagner PhD 2020

PINETT

On 1/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Aloc_xx said:

I applied the same program but didn hear from them, too. I’ll wait until the early next week, and may give up my hope to NYU- Good luck with you!

Based on previous years' record, it seems that the interview round was last week. While no one has posted anything yet...Good luck! 

Thank for your response. Also some of NYU PhD Programs that doesn’t require interviews already announced their result last week, it makes sense if NYU Wagner had interviews with prospective candidates. Hope I can hear from good news with other universities at least!

I followed last year's process, and it didn't seem they had interviews.

Are you sure about the interviews?

And didn't Wagner returned to school only last week? Wouldn't it delay the process?

I applied only to Wagner ? Hope it is still possible to hear good news...

I applied, too! I thought it seemed as though they didn't have interviews, as the doctoral admissions FAQ states:

The program does not schedule interviews for prospective graduate students before admissions decisions are made. Admitted students will be invited for campus visits in the spring.

I applied to the Education Policy concentration. Anyone else? 

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone hear anything from them?

I contacted my POI today and introduced myself (yes, yes, I didn't reach out before), and I basically told him I am interested in working with him.

He replied after 10 minutes asking: "Are you attending Wagner sometime soon?" When I said that I'm still waiting for an answer and that in any case, I'm going to do my PhD at New York (the city), he said: "Ok. Can we check later in the semester. I'm in the midst of non-stop travel and not in NYC much this month."

I guess it's a bad sign, not sure though...

Btw, my application status still says "submitted," and when I called admission to ask about my "Application Verification Letter," which I never received, they said that they had received it...

Applied Wagner (didn’t hear any from them so i am in the same boat like y’all in this thread) and affiliated w NYU as a research scholar.

Based on other years, if you’re accepted, you should get an informal call from your POI. Most likely. They usually contacted a week or two before this time of every year. I strongly feel successful candidates are already informed separately. :) Good luck for everyone!

Edited by Aloc_xx

On 2/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, Docplyz said:

Did anyone hear anything from them?

I contacted my POI today and introduced myself (yes, yes, I didn't reach out before), and I basically told him I am interested in working with him.

He replied after 10 minutes asking: "Are you attending Wagner sometime soon?" When I said that I'm still waiting for an answer and that in any case, I'm going to do my PhD at New York (the city), he said: "Ok. Can we check later in the semester. I'm in the midst of non-stop travel and not in NYC much this month."

I guess it's a bad sign, not sure though...

Btw, my application status still says "submitted," and when I called admission to ask about my "Application Verification Letter," which I never received, they said that they had received it...

Have you only applied to programs in nyc/heard back from others? I didn't apply to wagner but have yet to hear back from Columbia or Milano so I'm guessing that's a no.