I Want To Pursue PhD, I Don't Know Where To Start. Any Advice?

Wasp101

I have a Bachelors degree in English and a Masters degree in Mass Communication & Journalism. I've been a content writer for 2 years and for the last 2 years I'm working in the digital marketing field mainly doing content. I'd like to pursue a PhD and my real interest lies in women's issues. I'd be interested in studying muslim women in India because I'm a muslim woman from India. I'm not sure where to start from. Totally lost here. I'd be grateful for any advice on how to start preparing. Thanks a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! The first thing I would tell someone when they ask "where to start" is, why they had this thought of doing a PhD in the first place. You seem to already know that. The next step I would say is to get more specific about exactly what you want to research and your reasons. It is different for everyone. Since you haven't provided too many details, it is difficult to suggest any specific direction you can proceed in. Feel free to message me if you want to talk.