Slavic has never been a well represented field on here: but in just in case there are any other 2020 applicants on here I figured I'd start this thread. How's everyone season going? anyone heard back yet? Applied to 8 (NYU, COLUMBIA, BROWN, INDIANA, UIUC, UIC, UOFC, UMICH) heard back positively from 1 so far (UIUC) but that was the first week of january: since then radio silence. how's everyone else faring? im getting antsy + wondering if Brown and Columbia already sent out interview requests?

Hey! glad to see someone else. I almost applied to UW/ great & diverse department. Unfort my lack of formal language training left me in the lurch there. What's your field of interests? I've been a bit freaked out about lack of interview requests so far but honestly Slavic always seems to follow its own timeline. Fingers crossed for the both of us. 

A

my focus is similarly on late to contemporary + particularly  on queer / feminist texts + speculative lit.  And I wish! I graduated this semester so unfortunately can't get funding from my school to travel ?to conferences/ didn't bother applying. Still no word. Nerve-wracking. I'm stoked about urbana though. The more i look into their program the more of a perfect fit it feels. 

Edited by aitmatovfangirl

got an acceptance to Indiana this morning. waiting to hear back on funding. no rejections as of yet but starting to assume Brown/Columbia alr emailed acceptances.  How've you been faring?

Edited by aitmatovfangirl

Hey, congratulations on your acceptance to Indiana! And yes, one of my professors is from Urbana, she says it's a great program and she is a great prof too. Oh, don't worry, you will get to travel to conferences during your graduate years. Yep, still waiting gonna have my interview with UVA tomorrow, and I think Princeton has already sent their acceptances too. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...