MLIS Fall 2020

*Veronica*

I have applied to Alabama, Mizzou, and Appalachian State. As of right now, both departments are reviewing my application but I haven't heard anything yet. Appalachian's program isn't ALA-accredited, but I'm going into school library, so that doesn't really matter. It was more of my safe school as I already hold one MA from there and I like the fact that their classes are all synchronous.

Just now, Zoozoo11 said:

Does anyone know when Simmons sends out their letters?

It says online that they send a decision out 3-4 weeks from when your completed application is received, but I don't know how that time frame works for people who apply well before Feb 1st since they notify you of scholarships with your application decision. I'm thinking they may start sending decisions out at the end of February. 

If it stays to the 3-4 weeks time frame I should hear back next week or the week after.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, KeithR said:

I have been accepted to both Alabama and Mizzou!

If I may ask, how long did it take you to hear back from Alabama from the time your final recommendation letters were sent in? 

(I've applied to Alabama and am on pins and needles waiting!)

10 hours ago, HopeNoelle said:

If I may ask, how long did it take you to hear back from Alabama from the time your final recommendation letters were sent in? 

(I've applied to Alabama and am on pins and needles waiting!)

My last recommendation was submitted on January 28 -- the deadline was February 1 and I received my acceptance on Feb 10. Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, *Veronica* said:

I just found out last night that I was accepted to Simmons with a scholarship, and I'm being considered for an assistantship! I hope everyone else who is still waiting to hear back from their schools has the same success :) 

I had an interview with one of the Professors. Guess mine application was on the bubble. I wont know until next week.

16 hours ago, Zoozoo11 said:

Got rejected from Wisconsin too. 

Is there a real drop off in education from tier 1 schools to tier 2?

The conventional wisdom is that ranking doesn't matter for hiring, so long as the school is ALA accredited.