2020 CANADIAN APPLICATIONS

Mstar

4 hours ago, l8duong said:

Hi all! Jumping in here. I've applied for a PhD at McMaster, York and Laurier. I know a friend of mine got a call for an interview for Laurier with the same POI and program as me, but she's doing her masters. I'm not too optimistic, but I'm anxiously waiting and want more Canadian friends to talk to 

Glad to hear from another York applicant! I think we should be hearing something soon within the next few weeks! Fingers crossed for all of us! 

6 hours ago, sosososoc said:

Just received my rejection from McGill for their Sociology MA. Feeling pretty bummed as I had been in contact with two professors in the department who had encouraged me to apply :( oh well...

Sorry about that

Waterloo international applicant

MSc public health and health system

A friend of mine with same POI got rejected some weeks ago, mine still reads application. Hopes are high, waiting for goodnews.

I am waitlisted for UBC's PhD program, and got rejected from every other school I applied to...

Does anyone have any idea how many are on the waitlist, and what are the chances to get off it and accepted? This was one of my top picks during the application process, and especially with no offers now the waiting is weighing on me ? Trying to remember that it could be a rejection, and I'll have to start thinking about things again for next year. But wondering if anyone knows what the odds are ?‍♀️