applyingnow

I applied to NYU. Had contact with 2 POIs before I submitted an app for sociocultural. I haven't heard anything. No interview or wait list notification. I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point

The official numbers for the past years seem to be 8-10 acceptances per 400 applicants, according to their website. I read some old posts here saying the limit for sociocultural specifically was 6 students. I'm not sure where that came from and if that's still or ever was valid.

Are the applications rising in anthropology? And are the slots for each concentration fixed? I'm in the dark.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, applyingnow said:

Does anyone know how many applicants they are accepting for sociocultural and related subfields at NYU this year? Has anyone heard back?

Hi. I had posted on the results page for the NYU acceptance. I was told that they are taking in 4 from the sociocultural track and 3 from the related subfields. 

10 hours ago, gls2814 said:

Does NYU usually do interviews?

I am not sure if NYU has a history of doing interviews- they did interview me twice. As far as I understand, most anthro departments introduced the interview around 4/5 years back. I think NYU was one of many such places. But I haven't actually researched this.