Industrial Design Fall 2020

verynervous

Hey

I want to start a thread for Industrial Design applicants for fall 2020.

I applied to RISD, SAIC, CCA, Parsons, Purdue and some schools in Europe. So far I got rejected from Purdue and have interview with SAIC on Valentine's weekend. Haven't heard from anywhere else.

Has anyone heard from any of the schools they applied to?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 8:06 PM, verynervous said:

By UMEA, do you mean the Swedish university? Did you apply to any other school in Sweden?

Yeah Umea University, no I didn't apply to any other schools in Sweden. Have you gotten any more responses?

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to Lund Uni, KTH, Umea and Konstack in Sweden, in that order. (one applicant can apply for 4 courses).

I already got rejected by Umea and Konstfack (I got messages on the universitydmissions.se portal)

It was kind of heartbreaking, not because I got rejected but because they were 3rd and 4th in my ranking list. So now I am just waiting for April 3rd or 4th so that I can get rejected by my first two choices and get over with it.   

Hey

I think Umea rejected my application because I wasn't eligible. (I have attached the screenshots of my portal here) It's weird because I submitted everything they asked for. Anyway, there are always bound to be some rejections, besides Umea wasn't very high up in my list so it's okay. :)

Choices.PNG.e3d463ce3978073508bb9402b79bdb4f.PNGUmea.PNG.4f8cb0fc8b079faf9ebe2314042598ac.PNG

Edited by verynervous

Hey bro!

I applied KTH, Umea, Lund university. (My first choice was KTH)

Me likewise, I got message from KTH that I'm uniqualified. Because of the problem in specific requirements . (And still I don't why... hahaha?)

So I have a chance  on only  Lund and Umea. But I didn't got any interview message from umea still. I think I messed up. It was my last chance to go abroad

Anyway, Thank you for your reply and I hope you have a good news from the rest of the university. 

I am sorry to hear about KTH!

But it's rather weird that one school from Sweden thinks we aren't eligible while others think we are okay, when there is LITERALLY one portal where we submitted all our docs! Maybe it has something to do with the university specific docs, or maybe some misunderstanding, or maybe they are just really strict. Idk. ?‍♀️

Anyway, we should receive our results in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted on what happens! ?

• 2 weeks later...

I got rejected from Lund. They didn't send an email or a message on the universityadmissions portal. I just happened to open the portal yesterday and it said my application had been deleted because my "submitted portfolio does not reflect the skills to fully benefit from this programme" and that my application won't be processed further. ?So in Sweden, KTH is the only one that hasn't rejected me (yet).

About your email, it does seem like there was a step 2 interview. It also seems like they sent out notifications to people who weren't selected and the rest got an interview and will hear the results on 4th. Did you get a notification that you weren't selected? If you didn't, they probably moved your application to stage 2. It's also possible that they didn't interview everyone from stage 2.

I think if you haven't heard from them explicitly that your application didn't move on to the next stage, there might be still a chance for you. 3 days to go! Fingers crossed for you!! Good luck!! ??

Hey I'm sorry about lund. It's a bit scary. They should have at least send an email to you. I hope you good news at KTH. Anyway, don't you already got permission at SAIC and ccd? It it is, I envy you.?

(After I got unqualified at KTH, I deleted KTH because I don't think they'll reasses me.?)

And about UMEA, As you said, It seems that they already sent out message who selected at 1st stage. but I didn't get any of messages and notification.

I was thinking about asking the school if their is error, but I'm just gonna wait.  

Thank you for your reply and you too Good luck!?

Hey!

I did get accepted in a couple of schools including SAIC and CCA. Though money is a HUGE factor for me to make decisions. Let's see how things go..

About UMEA, it seems they informed those who were NOT selected, not those who were. So if you haven't received the news that you got rejected yet, then your application may still be in the running. I really hope that's the case! With decision date just around the corner, it is likely that you will hear the result before they reply to your email. So I guess waiting is the way to go! Fingers crossed for you! :D 

Hey

I got a permission at lund university finally. and waitlist  in umea.  How about you?? Which university you chose?? 

And if you don't mind I want your own opinion about lund university. Is there any specific reason to chose lund university as a first choice?? because I have not that much info about lund university before. but after I accepted I'm being worried. Actually I wanted to learn more about design strategy and design thinking at MA. but when I saw gallery at a lund site It was mostly lifestyle objects. and what I did at university were mostly  focused on computer rendering and modeling.  I wonder If you had any more info about lund university before applying this school as a first choice . sos!!

Greetings everyone,

The results came out yesterday and I found myself being placed on Lund's reserve list in selection group LUALM, and my wait list number is 14 in my group. From statistik.vhs.se, this year there are 59 wait-listed LUALM group applicants in total. I feel extreme nervous not only because of this, but also I got waitlisted in 4 schools (RISD, PRATT, RIT and LUND), rejected by 5 (UIUC, UAL, PARSONS, UMEA, KONSTFACK), only be accepted by CCS, SCAD, LINNAEUS, and a graduate diploma of art programme of RCA. I'm in great anxiety and desperation right now for I can definitely predict that next year's admission will only be more competitive.

Alas, I have no idea about my acceptance rate.

image.png.83da1bb26b8df872f490f0675dea10fc.png

Hey everyone

I had applied to Lund, KTH, Umea and Konstfack in Sweden (in that order). I got accepted into KTH conditionally (the condition being that I will have to pay tuition fee as I am an international applicant). I got rejected by all other schools in Sweden due to either ineligibility or because they didn't like my application that much.

3 hours ago, k9494 said:

And if you don't mind I want your own opinion about lund university. Is there any specific reason to chose lund university as a first choice?? because I have not that much info about lund university before. but after I accepted I'm being worried. Actually I wanted to learn more about design strategy and design thinking at MA. but when I saw gallery at a lund site It was mostly lifestyle objects. and what I did at university were mostly  focused on computer rendering and modeling.  I wonder If you had any more info about lund university before applying this school as a first choice . sos!!

I do not know much about schools in Sweden. I selected the schools based on opinions on internet on which schools are good and based on whether I liked the curriculum and the students' work. I was confused about whether to select KTH or Lund as first choice but I went with Lund because they advertised that they offered trips to NASA so I thought it would be good exposure and I also felt that I would have a better chance of getting a scholarship at Lund compared to KTH.

25 minutes ago, elshollzia said:

The results came out yesterday and I found myself being placed on Lund's reserve list in selection group LUALM, and my wait list number is 14 in my group. From statistik.vhs.se, this year there are 59 wait-listed LUALM group applicants in total. I feel extreme nervous not only because of this, but also I got waitlisted in 4 schools (RISD, PRATT, RIT and LUND), rejected by 5 (UIUC, UAL, PARSONS, UMEA, KONSTFACK), only be accepted by CCS, SCAD, LINNAEUS, and a graduate diploma of art programme of RCA. I'm in great anxiety and desperation right now for I can definitely predict that next year's admission will only be more competitive.

I am still in the middle of making decisions. I have been accepted into these schools: CCA, SAIC, Parsons, Glasgow School of Art and KTH. I am also waiting on decisions from Loughborough Uni, Politecnico di Milano and RCA. I also applied to many other schools like MIT, RISD, Purdue, Aalto etc. but got rejected by them all.

My background is in engineering and I am looking to study a combination of design with engineering and technology. I am not very keen on CCA, SAIC (they both are too artistic for me) and KTH (it is too engineery for me). I am inclined towards Parsons and GSA. Money is a huge factor for me, and Parsons is too expensive, plus New York is very very expensive to live, and that's why it seems like I will be going to GSA this fall.

I haven't made my mind completely yet and would love to hear everyone's views... I would also be applying to scholarships while I wait for the rest of the decisions and hope something clicks in.

I wish everyone gets to go the school which is perfect for them! ??

13 hours ago, elshollzia said:

Greetings everyone,

Alas, I have no idea about my acceptance rate.

image.png.83da1bb26b8df872f490f0675dea10fc.png

Hi! I don't know which graduate school is the best you want to go,  I'm sorry about lund. And good luck to rest of risd pratt rit. I hope you all pass!!

13 hours ago, verynervous said:

Hey everyone

I had applied to Lund, KTH, Umea and Konstfack in Sweden (in that order). I got accepted into KTH conditionally (the condition being that I will have to pay tuition fee as I am an international applicant). I got rejected by all other schools in Sweden due to either ineligibility or because they didn't like my application that much.

I do not know much about schools in Sweden. I selected the schools based on opinions on internet on which schools are good and based on whether I liked the curriculum and the students' work. I was confused about whether to select KTH or Lund as first choice but I went with Lund because they advertised that they offered trips to NASA so I thought it would be good exposure and I also felt that I would have a better chance of getting a scholarship at Lund compared to KTH.

I am still in the middle of making decisions. I have been accepted into these schools: CCA, SAIC, Parsons, Glasgow School of Art and KTH. I am also waiting on decisions from Loughborough Uni, Politecnico di Milano and RCA. I also applied to many other schools like MIT, RISD, Purdue, Aalto etc. but got rejected by them all.

My background is in engineering and I am looking to study a combination of design with engineering and technology. I am not very keen on CCA, SAIC (they both are too artistic for me) and KTH (it is too engineery for me). I am inclined towards Parsons and GSA. Money is a huge factor for me, and Parsons is too expensive, plus New York is very very expensive to live, and that's why it seems like I will be going to GSA this fall.

I haven't made my mind completely yet and would love to hear everyone's views... I would also be applying to scholarships while I wait for the rest of the decisions and hope something clicks in.

I wish everyone gets to go the school which is perfect for them! ??

Thank you for your reply and congratulation to accepted in KTH although you don't want this school.  hope you also get admissions rest of school you waiting.  Anyway,  I  totally agree with you that fee is important.  Good luck and way to go!!!

1 hour ago, k9494 said:

Hi! I don't know which graduate school is the best you want to go,  I'm sorry about lund. And good luck to rest of risd pratt rit. I hope you all pass!!

Acutally I'm satisfied with all schools that waitlisted me, any of them are OK. And if I'm done with this year, I don't mind work for a year first and then reapply. Well... According to your words, is it no hope for me being ranked as No.14 ? (Sorry for my English, it's my second language tbh)

Edited by elshollzia
typo