UT Health San Antonio

Are there any current UT San Antonio students on here that could talk about the speech program a bit? Do clinicals start in the first semester? Is a thesis required? Do you feel adequately prepared for the praxis and the real- world jobs? How is student life? Living in San Antonio? Etc etc... 

Thanks in advance! 

I also was just admitted to UT Health San Antonio today! I will be attending their open house on February 28th to see what it's all about because I also don't know much about San Antonio life. Congratulations to you both!

Edited by Caitzilla

12 hours ago, ammg21 said:

I was also accepted and will be attending the open house February 28th! I'm from San Antonio if anyone has any questions for me-- feel free to reach out.

I will see you on the 28th then and I'll come prepared with questions LOL. Do you like living there? It looks way cheaper to live in San Antonio than Dallas!

Hello everyone!

I applied to UT San Antonio, because SA is home for me. 

I LOVE San Antonio, it is quite a wonderful and fun city. Depending on how nice of a place you want to live, it is not super cheap, but not super expensive either. I would love to go back home for my graduate degree, however, I have some concerns about this program.

I talked with a student who is currently a SLP student there. My concerns are..

1. All labs are simulated.

2. No on campus clinic, so all clinical are done elsewhere (can be a pro and a con) - SA traffic is not fun to be in

3. Newness - the school is very new. They don't have a lot of experience behind them.

I have some more information about the school, so feel free to ask me any questions!!!

On 2/14/2020 at 10:15 AM, amanda_rensch said:

Hello everyone!

I applied to UT San Antonio, because SA is home for me. 

I LOVE San Antonio, it is quite a wonderful and fun city. Depending on how nice of a place you want to live, it is not super cheap, but not super expensive either. I would love to go back home for my graduate degree, however, I have some concerns about this program.

I talked with a student who is currently a SLP student there. My concerns are..

1. All labs are simulated.

2. No on campus clinic, so all clinical are done elsewhere (can be a pro and a con) - SA traffic is not fun to be in

3. Newness - the school is very new. They don't have a lot of experience behind them.

I have some more information about the school, so feel free to ask me any questions!!!

IS the school new, or just the speech program?