Munk school of Global Affairs Vs University of Ottawa GSPIA vs NPSIA

Endzone98

Question

2 answers to this question

Hey! I have a question about the co-op prospects for GSPIA vs NPSIA and thought to add it on to your question since it's pertinent. 

From the posts I've read, it seems a lot of people applying to NPSIA and GSPIA are comparing their co-op programs based on Public Service (and in particular GAC) opportunities. It's making me feel a little left out, because I don't actually want to take the public service route. I'm more drawn towards working on an international level-- either within an embassy, in an NGO, or in an intergovernmental context... and I'm hoping that one of these programs will open up doors for me. 

Does anyone know if one of these programs offers more extensive opportunities to work abroad? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Potter445

4 hours ago, Potter445 said:

Hey! I have a question about the co-op prospects for GSPIA vs NPSIA and thought to add it on to your question since it's pertinent. 

From the posts I've read, it seems a lot of people applying to NPSIA and GSPIA are comparing their co-op programs based on Public Service (and in particular GAC) opportunities. It's making me feel a little left out, because I don't actually want to take the public service route. I'm more drawn towards working on an international level-- either within an embassy, in an NGO, or in an intergovernmental context... and I'm hoping that one of these programs will open up doors for me. 

Does anyone know if one of these programs offers more extensive opportunities to work abroad? 

Thanks! 

Agreed! Hope someone can clear things up for us! Although from what little I know about GSPIA, it appears that they offer an internship that allows you to directly work at an embassy. This is also true for Munk as well. I have heard that NPSIA seems to focus more on Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and other federal level job placements. Again, this is from reading older posts LOL!

I just recently got admitted into the program so I'm confused as heck about quite a bit of things as well!

Edited by Endzone98