2020 Waitlist

sunflower1717

6 hours ago, Spartan16 said:

I am also waitlisted at my top choice. Thankfully, my PI updates me regularly, and I'm trying not to worry too much until April! Were you given any guidance on when you may receive news? I have yet to ask that question, but I'm very curious.

That's nice that your PI updates you! I've been told that I'll hear no later than April 8th, which is honestly surprising to me since the deadline for admitted students to accept is April 15th. I emailed the Director of admissions to confirm my interest, but i wonder if it's worth reaching back out to my PI as well? I don't want to over-communicate, but I'd love more information and to make my interest known. 

I am also waitlisted at a school I'd strongly consider if admitted. I sent a note to my PI to reiterate my interest. It would definitely scramble my decision-making if I got in so I'm not too sure how to deal with it. 

21 minutes ago, Rhac16 said:

I am also waitlisted at a school I'd strongly consider if admitted. I sent a note to my PI to reiterate my interest. It would definitely scramble my decision-making if I got in so I'm not too sure how to deal with it. 

Did your PI reach out to you about the waitlist or did you get an email from the admissions director? I'm trying to decide whether I should reach out to my PI or not; I haven't communicated with them since submitting my application so I am not sure if it'll seem too out of the blue. And yes, I do recognize that I'm probably way overthinking this haha

14 minutes ago, sunflower1717 said:

Did your PI reach out to you about the waitlist or did you get an email from the admissions director? I'm trying to decide whether I should reach out to my PI or not; I haven't communicated with them since submitting my application so I am not sure if it'll seem too out of the blue. And yes, I do recognize that I'm probably way overthinking this haha

Admissions and PI both let me know about being on the waitlist. I don't think it could hurt to reach out to your PI!

On 3/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, sunflower1717 said:

I think you should reach out to PI! This is the person that should be advocating for you and supporting you throughout your Ph.D. I don't think it's odd at all!