Aural Rehab online at UW-Eau Claire?

Aural rehab is the only prerequisite that I need to take before I start grad school and was looking at all of the options and it seems like University of Wisconsin Eau Claire is the best option, based on other posts. Does anyone have any insight to the course? Passed syllabus? I'm going to try to have a job during the summer as well and want to make sure this class won't take up too much time. 

I am currently taking Aural Rehab right now and can honestly say, it is one of the hardest classes I have ever taken. I have taken Molecular biology, cellular biology, neuropsychology, physiology, neuroscience, etc. and this is the class that is giving me a hard time. It is actually ridiculous. There is just SO MUCH INFORMATION. I currently go to Saint Mary's College, our aural rehab professor is super hard. We are all struggling a lot. We often complain about how much information there is. It definitely takes up a lot of our time. I don't get low scores, and this class, I have experienced some of the lowest scores I have ever received. Honestly, just trying to get out with a B. 

I do not know how this class is at other schools, but for me, it has been difficult. 

I have taken summer classes before and if you want to have a job during the summer, you'll be totally fine. I worked part time and was training for figure skating everyday while I was taking summer classes, and it was fine!

16 hours ago, slp2be99 said:

Aural rehab is the only prerequisite that I need to take before I start grad school and was looking at all of the options and it seems like University of Wisconsin Eau Claire is the best option, based on other posts. Does anyone have any insight to the course? Passed syllabus? I'm going to try to have a job during the summer as well and want to make sure this class won't take up too much time. 

I would highly recommend Utah State University for aural rehab online. Taking it right now and it's very straightforward and simple! I only have to put in minimal time each week. Their courses are also relatively cheap compared to some other schools I've looked at! 

14 hours ago, amanda_rensch said:

I am currently taking Aural Rehab right now and can honestly say, it is one of the hardest classes I have ever taken. I have taken Molecular biology, cellular biology, neuropsychology, physiology, neuroscience, etc. and this is the class that is giving me a hard time. It is actually ridiculous. There is just SO MUCH INFORMATION. I currently go to Saint Mary's College, our aural rehab professor is super hard. We are all struggling a lot. We often complain about how much information there is. It definitely takes up a lot of our time. I don't get low scores, and this class, I have experienced some of the lowest scores I have ever received. Honestly, just trying to get out with a B. 

I do not know how this class is at other schools, but for me, it has been difficult. 

I have taken summer classes before and if you want to have a job during the summer, you'll be totally fine. I worked part time and was training for figure skating everyday while I was taking summer classes, and it was fine!

Omg, that sounds atrocious! I haven't taken those hard classes, but I can imagine! I got into Saint Mary's and very likely I'm going there and was considering taking it in person during grad school, but I also wanted to get it out of the way. Are the other classes there that difficult? I've heard from a friend that grad school there isn't too bad and that the professors are generally nice.

1 hour ago, juliagrace5 said:

I would highly recommend Utah State University for aural rehab online. Taking it right now and it's very straightforward and simple! I only have to put in minimal time each week. Their courses are also relatively cheap compared to some other schools I've looked at! 

Thank you! I just found a syllabus for it and it doesn't seem too bad! How are the exams? It says they use Proctoria is that someone actually watching you or do they just record it? This is the only thing I don't like about online classes lol

5 hours ago, slp2be99 said:

Omg, that sounds atrocious! I haven't taken those hard classes, but I can imagine! I got into Saint Mary's and very likely I'm going there and was considering taking it in person during grad school, but I also wanted to get it out of the way. Are the other classes there that difficult? I've heard from a friend that grad school there isn't too bad and that the professors are generally nice.

It really is! We are going to write some teacher reviews on our professor so that hopefully the next set of people taking it don't struggle as much as we did. However, taking classes in person are sometimes easier to learn from than classes online. I wouldn't say any SLP class is hard. Clinicals you have to put in work for and yes it takes time, but if you do that, you'll set. Other classes are not hard, again, if you put in the time and effort, you'll be great! You can't expect to do well if you don't study.

The professors here are so wonderful, each one brings something special to the program. I truly am happy here and am thinking about staying. 

6 hours ago, slp2be99 said:

Thank you! I just found a syllabus for it and it doesn't seem too bad! How are the exams? It says they use Proctoria is that someone actually watching you or do they just record it? This is the only thing I don't like about online classes lol

The exams aren't bad at all! I got like a 95 on the last one. Super straightforward, like as long as you take the time to listen to the lectures/ review the material they are super easy. They record it and then I think the prof might just glance over the video if they are suspicious or something? I'm really not sure. But it's not creepy or anything. This is my second course through USU and both experiences have been great! 

1 hour ago, juliagrace5 said:

The exams aren't bad at all! I got like a 95 on the last one. Super straightforward, like as long as you take the time to listen to the lectures/ review the material they are super easy. They record it and then I think the prof might just glance over the video if they are suspicious or something? I'm really not sure. But it's not creepy or anything. This is my second course through USU and both experiences have been great! 

Thank god someone doesn't watch you! I had 2 online classes that did that and it was awful. But yeah that class sounds good, I'll definitely have to look into it!

7 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I'd recommend taking it as an 8 week course with Hall at Eastern New Mexico University. ENMU is super affordable and it wasn't a hard class. I just took it. 

Thank you! I guess Hall isn't teaching it this summer