Fully Funded MA History Programs

mehak110

Hi. I want to do my Masters in history, specialization Mesopotamian History. Can someone guide me towards the best university that will provide a 100% funding for it?
My GRE scores are verbal 153, quant 155 and IELTS of 7.5

I personally had a good experience in the University of Chicago's MAPSS Program. I'm not familiar with Mesopotamian history, but I can say they have a great history department in general. MAPSS has a history of providing good funding, often from 50% all the way to 100% tuition. For me, it has acted as a stepping stone to some great PhD offers this application cycle, so if you are interested in going on to the PhD but need more training, this is a good option to consider. However, you may want to work on improving the verbal component of the GRE before applying.

Edited by IGoToWar

15 minutes ago, IGoToWar said:

I personally had a good experience in the University of Chicago's MAPSS Program. I'm not familiar with Mesopotamian history, but I can say they have a great history department in general. MAPSS has a history of providing good funding, often from 50% all the way to 100% tuition. For me, it has acted as a stepping stone to some great PhD offers this application cycle, so if you are interested in going on to the PhD but need more training, this is a good option to consider. However, you may want to work on improving the verbal component of the GRE before applying.

Chicago has an outstanding Ancient Near East program, running out of the Oriental Institute. I'd place it with Harvard and Yale, that's how good it is. A 100% funded MAPPS wouldn't be a bad way to go, provided @Mehak is willing to push him/herself to learn whatever additional languages s/he needs.

I know Indiana Univ. has a MA program in ANE languages and cultures. Maybe looking there would be beneficial.

Just like with ancient history, the job market for ANE is very limited, so attending a top-tier program is non-negotiable.

Edited by psstein

On 3/3/2020 at 5:31 AM, mehak110 said:

Hi. I want to do my Masters in history, specialization Mesopotamian History. Can someone guide me towards the best university that will provide a 100% funding for it?
My GRE scores are verbal 153, quant 155 and IELTS of 7.5

I think it will be tough. Work on improving your verbal score on the GRE.