I need some honest advice

I need your help people... I originally applied for the doctoral program in history and was informed that they instead offer me this, with 1/3 of the tuition (I think I can negotiate them up to 2/3). I didn't get into any other doctoral programs, but I did get into a masters program back home (international student here) which would amount to about $25,000 in student dept, over two years, while being a way less prestigious university. I need some honest advice, would you guys take it? Why or why not? Also, I could live with family in Chicago and thus not pay that much for living expenses... I'm really not sure what to do and I read so many conflicting things about MAPSS. Any help is greatly appreciated (while I sit here and breath into a paper bag...)!

HIGHLY recommend MAPSS. I’m an alum [technically of MAPH, its humanities equivalent, but I was much more active in the MAPSS community and everyone ended up thinking I was MAPSS]. I also was given some funding but required some loans. It is more than worth it, IMO.