Worcester State + Bridgewater State

Thanks for the update. In past years, I saw from this forum, that they dod not usually send out decisions until this week anyway. And the school is closing due to the virus, which will probably delay them further

Yes i got the letter in the mail as well! kinda unclear. it says welcome to worcester state and gave an ID number, but didnt really mention being admitted/ SLP lol but im guessing that means im in if it says welcome to WSU?

That's great! I did as well!

Do you think you might decide to go there? I probably will, since it's by far my least expensive option. 

I got accepted as well and it is the only school I have gotten accepted to so far. I have been waitlisted at every other school.....my top choice is UNH and they told me that I would hear if I have been accepted off the waitlist after April 15th. However, I need to let Worcester State know if I will be attending by April 15th. I think I may have to commit to Worcester State and then back out if I get accepted to UNH ?

17 hours ago, sfarim said:

That's great! I did as well!

Do you think you might decide to go there? I probably will, since it's by far my least expensive option. 

I think im like 75 percent sure I would go to Worcester. I also got into Emerson but its literally more than double the cost... and I really don't want to be in a ton of debt.. since also i think were about to enter a crazy recession lol. But I am hoping to hear back to see if I got any grants or anything 

1 hour ago, speechiewannabe2 said:

I got accepted as well and it is the only school I have gotten accepted to so far. I have been waitlisted at every other school.....my top choice is UNH and they told me that I would hear if I have been accepted off the waitlist after April 15th. However, I need to let Worcester State know if I will be attending by April 15th. I think I may have to commit to Worcester State and then back out if I get accepted to UNH ?

well I think the worcester deposit was only 200, so if you do get into UNH after putting the deposit, the worst that happens is only losing a little! But i feel ya , I was waitlisted at 4 schools.. and I havent heard at all from UNH so im not sure thats a good sign for me there, lol

On 3/20/2020 at 1:55 PM, MassSLPwannabe said:

I think im like 75 percent sure I would go to Worcester. I also got into Emerson but its literally more than double the cost... and I really don't want to be in a ton of debt.. since also i think were about to enter a crazy recession lol. But I am hoping to hear back to see if I got any grants or anything 

I wish you luck with Emerson. This is really a bizarre time. I hope that we'll be able to start grad school as planned. 

If you do end up going to Worcester, I look forward to meeting you!

Edited by sfarim

On 3/22/2020 at 7:03 PM, KMCslp2b said:

Hi everyone! I will be attending Worcester! Do you know if anyone has made a FB group yet?

Hi! That's great! I don't think there's a group yet. 

Did you guys get an email from Worcester about the Welcome Meeting for accepted students? I'm wondering if it was sent, and I missed it somehow. 

Edited by sfarim

On 3/29/2020 at 1:33 PM, sfarim said:

Did you guys get an email from Worcester about the Welcome Meeting for accepted students? I'm wondering if it was sent, and I missed it somehow. 

I was wondering the same thin so I emailed the director and she's was she was about to send an email...did you end up getting it? She then called me because my email didn't go through on the google form....then she sent me the invitation!

On 4/2/2020 at 5:17 PM, speechiewannabe2 said:

I was wondering the same thin so I emailed the director and she's was she was about to send an email...did you end up getting it? She then called me because my email didn't go through on the google form....then she sent me the invitation!

I did get the email, thank you! I'm looking forward to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got accepted to BSU a few weeks ago. Hesitant because of the accreditation status, but it for sure is my cheapest option. Running out of time and needing to make a decision! Is anyone else in a similar predicament?

Edited by slptobe2022

On 4/2/2020 at 5:17 PM, speechiewannabe2 said:

When is the meeting? I had filled out the google form but never heard about the meeting after that

16 hours ago, slptobe2022 said:

I got accepted to BSU a few weeks ago. Hesitant because of the accreditation status, but it for sure is my cheapest option. Running out of time and needing to make a decision! Is anyone else in a similar predicament?

I wouldnt worry too much about the accreditation status! I have heard that you will still be eligible to take the praxis and get your C's even if something did happen with the accreditation.