University of Alberta Fall 2020 Applicants

zainnnny

Hi, folks!

I was wondering how many of us out here who have applied to UoA for graduate programs are still waiting up to hear from them?

I have applied for MPH at UoA and some of my fellow applicants have already been accepted. It’s making me more and more anxious by the day. Why is it that some of us have already heard from them, while rest of us are still waiting it out!?

I know right!

I applied for Masters of Public Health, and my application’s stuck at prescreening since the beginning. Others that have applied for MPH at UoA have either gotten acceptances or their profile status has changed to under review. I seriously don’t understand why’s mine still at prescreening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 2:16 PM, zainnnny said:

I know right!

I applied for Masters of Public Health, and my application’s stuck at prescreening since the beginning. Others that have applied for MPH at UoA have either gotten acceptances or their profile status has changed to under review. I seriously don’t understand why’s mine still at prescreening.

Hi! Alberta MPH global health applicant here! And I am stuck at "Under Review" for more than a month now. It is driving me crazy. Other tracks like epidemiology and health promotion have heard back but I have not yet seen anyone here on global health track who has a decision. What track have you applied for? any news or changes on your status?

On 3/27/2020 at 2:36 PM, wanderman said:

Hi! Alberta MPH global health applicant here! And I am stuck at "Under Review" for more than a month now. It is driving me crazy. Other tracks like epidemiology and health promotion have heard back but I have not yet seen anyone here on global health track who has a decision. What track have you applied for? any news or changes on your status?

Hey! I have applied for a different program, but I know most results have a deadline for march 31st (tuesday) im stuck at "Under Review" as well...its driving me insane as well. Hang in there!

20 hours ago, FullMoon said:

Hey! I have applied for a different program, but I know most results have a deadline for march 31st (tuesday) im stuck at "Under Review" as well...its driving me insane as well. Hang in there!

Hi,

Yeah. They told me that the results will be out  most likely mid-late March. But I did not expect late March to be exactly 31! I am trying to keep up hope though as it is still not a rejection. Already met 3 other applicants in global health here who claim they have not heard back either. Some of them are even at pre-screening! I wonder what is happening. Let's just hope we both are going to hear good news soon!

Edited by wanderman

4 hours ago, wanderman said:

Hi,

Yeah. They told me that the results will be out  most likely mid-late March. But I did not expect late March to be exactly 31! I am trying to keep up hope though as it is still not a rejection. Already met 3 other applicants in global health here who claim they have not heard back either. Some of them are even at pre-screening! I wonder what is happening. Let's just hope we both are going to hear good news soon!

I was told back in January that the results will be on march at least for my program. I really have no idea how many applicants they have or the volume of applications. Might be less than master program but I don't know. I just know that it is driving me crazy.

I wish you all the best in these next couple of days!

On 3/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, wanderman said:

Hi,

Hey! did you get any news? Im still waiting. 

Edited by FullMoon

14 minutes ago, wanderman said:

No nothing. Somebody in the public health thread contacted them and apparently they said they have moved their decisions to 15 April! Just nerve racking!

Dear Lord.....might be on the same boat as him....although im on a different faculty. Il email the administrator and ask.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:40 PM, FullMoon said:

Dear Lord.....might be on the same boat as him....although im on a different faculty. Il email the administrator and ask.

Yeah, they are taking their sweet time... Hope yours is sooner than 15th.

1 hour ago, wanderman said:

Yeah, they are taking their sweet time... Hope yours is sooner than 15th.

I did contact the faculty admin and was told that mid-April at the latest....so I do hope the notification comes next week. Since the week after that is the 15th. But Im not sure anymore. 

I think you guys are on the same boat as me. Have you heard anything else? 

On 4/5/2020 at 12:34 AM, FullMoon said:

I did contact the faculty admin and was told that mid-April at the latest....so I do hope the notification comes next week. Since the week after that is the 15th. But Im not sure anymore. 

I think you guys are on the same boat as me. Have you heard anything else? 

Thanks for the info. I really hope they let us know before 15th and even better this week. I have other offers on standby and need to let them know on 15th max. And nothing from Alberta yet. Will surly update here if I hear back from them.

5 hours ago, wanderman said:

Thanks for the info. I really hope they let us know before 15th and even better this week. I have other offers on standby and need to let them know on 15th max. And nothing from Alberta yet. Will surly update here if I hear back from them.

Im pretty sure that Alberta is aware that a lot of potential students have to send their decisions by April 15th. So I would also bet that the results will come in during this week. 

Hope so lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...