Comparative Literature between U of South Carolina and UC Riverside. Need suggestions!

xuyixin

Hello everyone! I am a international student who focus on comparative literature.

I recently got accepted by UC Riverside and U of South Carolina (let me call it usc..). Both full funded. well. Somebody say that if you're not admitted by schools ranked at Top50, you should not come. But based on my package, I think that is fine for me.

I like California much better than south Carolina. But according to the NRC, the comparative literature in USC seems ranked higher than UCR.I feel confused. Could anyone give me some suggestion?

Hi,

I would choose the program that you like personally, based on the instruction, professors, and the areas of research you want to pursue. If you are looking at Riverside as your option based on the fact it is in California (weather, for example), keep in mind that Riverside tends to be very hot during the summer and you will need to stay in air-conditioned spaces to stay comfortable.

Btw, congratulations on your acceptances. I am also a comparative literature grad.

On 3/19/2020 at 4:08 AM, monikasb said:

Hi,

I would choose the program that you like personally, based on the instruction, professors, and the areas of research you want to pursue. If you are looking at Riverside as your option based on the fact it is in California (weather, for example), keep in mind that Riverside tends to be very hot during the summer and you will need to stay in air-conditioned spaces to stay comfortable.

Btw, congratulations on your acceptances. I am also a comparative literature grad.

Hello monikasb!

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I choose UCR although I am still worried about whether it could be a "best" choice or not. Not so sure but I will go after my heart.

I am excited about CA! I am used to hot weathers btw. I studied in Macau, if you know, a tropical city.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:45 AM, xuyixin said:

Hello monikasb!

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I choose UCR although I am still worried about whether it could be a "best" choice or not. Not so sure but I will go after my heart.

I am excited about CA! I am used to hot weathers btw. I studied in Macau, if you know, a tropical city.

Good luck! I hope you will be happy there! I will be not too far, at SDSU!