Can anyone help out with a qualitative comparison of the two programmes? I've been accepted to both, but I know for sure that I will have to take up a substantial student loan in order to study at Fletcher. I was wondering if it would be worth it, or if I could gain a similar/better experience and job opportunities (minus a loan) at the Graduate Institute, Geneva? Also was wondering how much branding matters. Everyone around me seems to think that Fletcher is quite the name to have tagged to your CV, but don't seem to really think similarly about the Graduate Institute. Would love to hear some thoughts about this!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, goingloco said:

Can anyone help out with a qualitative comparison of the two programmes? I've been accepted to both, but I know for sure that I will have to take up a substantial student loan in order to study at Fletcher. I was wondering if it would be worth it, or if I could gain a similar/better experience and job opportunities (minus a loan) at the Graduate Institute, Geneva? Also was wondering how much branding matters. Everyone around me seems to think that Fletcher is quite the name to have tagged to your CV, but don't seem to really think similarly about the Graduate Institute. Would love to hear some thoughts about this!

Thanks!

I think it is important to consider what you want to do. If you want to be in Europe and work for non-profits / IGOs, MIA still make more sense. If you want to work in the US, then it is a no brainer to go to Fletcher. For brand, I want to highlight that Fletcher is only quite the name in the IR/IDEV space. Outside of that space, a lot of people don't know much about it.