BSW 2020 Admissions

On 4/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, radiatepositivity said:

amazing! hope you get in! I was wondering what type of experience do you have? I just graduated this year.. I was hoping to do a masters but I missed the deadline so I applied to BSW

Thanks! 

I have an undergrad degree in psych, and a social service worker diploma. I've been working in the field for the last 7 years on two different crisis lines, worked as a walk-in mental health counsellor, and have been working in justice services recently doing release from custody case management and court support. 

I'm hoping it works out this year, because I don't think I'll be trying again lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thought I would join the conversation! I have applied to two MSW programs previously with no success. My gpa is rather low. I thought about applying to the Dal online BSW. I think it is a good option to improve my grades and go into an advanced standing MSW. I wonder how competitive the Dal BSW is. 

I was told by admissions they have around 85 spots and 260 applicants for the online program. I am worried because I just reach the B- in the last 2 years of my undergrad (minimum requirement) however I have four years experience working in the field. She also said they are looking for a balance between academics, statement, experience and references. Fingers crossed to you all. I will be applying for 2021, and other MSW programs. Have any of you looked into UManitobas online BSW? 

Best of luck to you, I just genuinely dislike how they are not going to get back to us till mid May! I am waiting on Carleton and I just made the minimum gpa requirement (B) for them. They are starting to reach out to people this week! No I have not looked into Manitoba but if I do not get in this year I am going to figure out another plan!

To those of you that have applied for Dal’s online BSW program, I just found out I was accepted! My status changed on the application page, no email has been sent yet though. Best of luck to everyone else who has applied! :) 

30 minutes ago, lvande94 said:

To those of you that have applied for Dal’s online BSW program, I just found out I was accepted! My status changed on the application page, no email has been sent yet though. Best of luck to everyone else who has applied! :)

Congrats!! I applied for on campus fulltime  BSW and my status hasn’t changed yet. This is so nerve wracking ?

3 hours ago, radiatepositivity said:

I applied to full time BSW at Dal and got in :) my status changed yesterday to accepted! but I didn't get an email

Wow congrats! Did your status change from ‘written notifications to follow’ to ‘accepted’? Mine is still the same ‘written notifications to follow’. Wonder if they have finished updating the status or still working on it?

4 hours ago, radiatepositivity said:

I applied to full time BSW at Dal and got in :) my status changed yesterday to accepted! but I didn't get an email

Congrats! That's so exciting! Did you apply to the online option or on-campus?