Reputation of UGA vs Virginia Tech

ephemeral

Hi all, I have to decide where to do PhD in Econ with minor in Stats between these two places. I am going to industry jobs after I graduate, and so I don't think the dept ranking matters as much as when going for academia. So I guess it all boils down to the reputation of the two universities. Which university do you think has better reputation, overall university-wise, outside their home states? I would ideally go live in California where my partner is from, but would like to live in D.C. or New England after I graduate.

Thanks!

Edited by ephemeral

I don't know anything about economics, but I am a bit familiar with D.C. and think that Virginia Tech would probably hold more weight there. I attended undergrad at a VA state school and know that people from VA schools tend to have a good track record with getting jobs in D.C. (partially since a lot of VA public universities are so great). Good luck with your decision! I'm currently deciding as well.