POI keep asking me if I have any question about the program

LateKim

I'm currently on a waitlist for a decision from a school for PhD in marketing.

Yesterday, one of the POIs I had an interview with sent me an email, telling me that an offer would be coming in soon.

She also told me that I'm at the top of the list, which was good to hear...

Anyway, during our back and forth, the POI kept telling me to ask any question I had about the program.

I'm wondering if the POI is not just being polite, but instead want to see if I have some legitimate interests about the program.

Also, I do have some questions about the program regarding school housing, scholarships, and such. Would these subjects be appropriate considering I haven't even got an offer from the school yet?

In my experience, it seems to be fine to ask any questions of the professor, even before admission. They generally want to know any factors that will influence your decision, especially when they will be working with you for the next several years! 

Even if they can't directly answer the questions themselves, they will direct you to people who can. You may not have a lot of time to consider these factors after admission, so it's best to consider them before as well, and get the answers you need now. 

Life is more than just academics, and most professors would be happy to help ease some of the other uncertainties you have.