UIUC vs GaTech MS CS

GradBrad

I have received admits from UIUC and GaTech for their MS in CS programs. Based on the current trajectory of things the possibility of attending this fall seems slim. Either way, I have to make my decision by April 15th and then potentially defer.

- I am interested in studying ML/DL. I definitely want to go somewhere with research opportunities in this field, although I'm not sure if I want to pursue a PhD yet. I think UIUC has more funding??

- Going by just rankings UIUC seems to have a slight edge over GaTech. However, I have also seen reports ranking GaTech slightly above UIUC in AI/ML. 

- Both schools have excellent industry ties and I think I wouldn't have an issue with job opportunities if I decide to take that route. I have heard that Atlanta has a better startup/tech scene though.

- I will be paying OOS fees at both schools and they add up to a similar amount. I may be wrong, but I think I will be paying in-state tuition during my second year at GaTech making it cheaper. I have also heard that both schools offer a decent number of grad assistantships, and that they have similar class sizes.

- I'm slightly worried about the fit at UIUC. I've lived in a cities my whole life and I'm from a country with very warm weather so I feel like I might adjust to Atlanta better. I know this is not as important as other factors but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm really grateful that my biggest concern right now is choosing between these schools. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some advice and help me with my decision.