CIHR CGSD 2020/2021

Sf123

18 minutes ago, sky29 said:

Right?? I've just been following the NSERC thread lol

Going crazy here!! Keep checking the NSERC thread as well and how I wish we had a date. I was told mid April so I am hopeful it will be before the weekend. 

17 minutes ago, Sf123 said:

Going crazy here!! Keep checking the NSERC thread as well and how I wish we had a date. I was told mid April so I am hopeful it will be before the weekend. 

Ah really?? I checked with my school but they just said April - really hope it will be this week! I can't take the wait anymore

Especially since the Vanier/ NSERC/ CGS-M results would have all been released already

Just now, sky29 said:

Ah really?? I checked with my school but they just said April - really hope it will be this week! I can't take the wait anymore

Especially since the Vanier/ NSERC/ CGS-M results would have all been released already

Yes, my department had advised mid April. I also found a post on Twitter of someone saying that were supposed to hear back about a discovery grant this week but it was moved to April 20. Someone else commented and said it could be to allow the CGSD award announcements (this week) as apparently it is the same IT team. 

2 hours ago, Sf123 said:

Yes, my department had advised mid April. I also found a post on Twitter of someone saying that were supposed to hear back about a discovery grant this week but it was moved to April 20. Someone else commented and said it could be to allow the CGSD award announcements (this week) as apparently it is the same IT team. 

Here's hoping! Good luck!

3 hours ago, uoftgrad037 said:

Did anyone hear anything?

Just saw this on Twitter:

Nothing here either. I am hoping this wait will be over tomorrow and we will hear back. I am not sure if I can handle the suspense going into the weekend. 

6 hours ago, bandit100 said:

I haven't heard anything either :( I guess I'll assume I didn't get it....? 

I saw on CIHR they said they would notify winners directly or via the institution. So seems like the person who posted may have been notified from their university. Hopefully that means most institutions have the results and we will find out soon. Not sure if anyone who applied last year can comment on whether rejections and offers are notified together?

14 minutes ago, Sf123 said:

I saw on CIHR they said they would notify winners directly or via the institution. So seems like the person who posted may have been notified from their university. Hopefully that means most institutions have the results and we will find out soon. Not sure if anyone who applied last year can comment on whether rejections and offers are notified together?

Where did you read that?

14 hours ago, Sf123 said:

I have not heard anything today either. I am out on the West Coast and I applied last year. I was notified directly by CIHR about my rejection. To my knowledge, the rejections and offers were sent out at roughly the same times. I didn't notice any stark differences when it comes to finding out about results.