uOttawa MPH

Gradthenmed

Has anyone applied to the uOttawa MPH program? This fall is their first year for the program so I was wondering what people think about it? Does anyone know how many people they take?

39 minutes ago, lebron23goat said:

Hey, i was planning on taking a year off before i head back to school but i decided against it. realized i can still apply for this program as the deadline is the 30th. what was your GPA?

uOttawa 9.0, so around 3.9/4.0. I dont have my grades back from this semester though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 11:26 AM, Gradthenmed said:

Has anyone applied to the uOttawa MPH program? This fall is their first year for the program so I was wondering what people think about it? Does anyone know how many people they take?

hey did you end up applying for the program?

On 4/21/2020 at 2:05 PM, lebron23goat said:

Hey, i was planning on taking a year off before i head back to school but i decided against it. realized i can still apply for this program as the deadline is the 30th. what was your GPA?

Hey, did you end up applying for this program?

3 hours ago, my.mph2020 said:

hey did you end up applying for the program?

Yeah I did! Still waiting to hear back though. They said they would send out the offers of acceptance mid to late may and will be taking ~30 people.

1 hour ago, Gradthenmed said:

Yeah I did! Still waiting to hear back though. They said they would send out the offers of acceptance mid to late may and will be taking ~30 people.

Perfect thanks for letting me know! Did you receive that information via email?

1 hour ago, my.mph2020 said:

Perfect thanks for letting me know! Did you receive that information via email?

Yeah! I emailed the admissions office around April 25th and that is what they told me :)

14 hours ago, Gradthenmed said:

Yeah! I emailed the admissions office around April 25th and that is what they told me :)

Great! Hopefully we hear back from them in the next couple of weeks!

7 hours ago, lebron23goat said:

hey i didnt, i found out from you when it was close to the deadline. wouldnt have had enough time to write my LOL and make sure my references are in check  

Makes sense - thanks for the update!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Canada1 said:

Hey, 

Just checking in to see of anyone has heard back from Uottawa MPH?

Thanks, 

Nothing yet! I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said it would take 4-6 weeks to review applications. So this Thursday will be exactly 6 weeks since applications were due so I am hoping this week! They did originally tell me mid to late May so its hard to tell. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, my.mph2020 said:

Anyone hear any updates from Ottawa??

Nothing yet! They told me 4-6 weeks or possibly longer so we are at the "longer" part right now haha. Hopefully soon!

Hello, 

does someone has any info from the admissions office as to how many people might have applied

also does someone know wheather they have quota on selection of international applicants 

Edited by Aiza

14 hours ago, Aiza said:

Hello, 

does someone has any info from the admissions office as to how many people might have applied

also does someone know wheather they have quota on selection of international applicants 

I know they are only accepting roughly 30 people but I do not know about how many applied and international students. I would suggest just emailing them. They are usually good about replying within 24 hours.

15 hours ago, Gradthenmed said:

I know they are only accepting roughly 30 people but I do not know about how many applied and international students. I would suggest just emailing them. They are usually good about replying within 24 hours.

Thank you! Yes I emailed them but waiting for their response. 

Also can you help me convert my percentage to canadian equivalent gpa. I’m a foreign dentist and have done my bachelors from pakistan. Thank you anyone who can help

Edited by Aiza

8 hours ago, Aiza said:

Thank you! Yes I emailed them but waiting for their response. 

Also can you help me convert my percentage to canadian equivalent gpa. I’m a foreign dentist and have done my bachelors from pakistan. Thank you anyone who can help

You can convert your GPA to a uOttawa GPA here: https://international.uottawa.ca/en/grading-system

The uOttawa GPA system is a 10 point system but it may also be beneficial to convert it to a 4 point system as well. You can find the conversion chart depending on which school you are looking at here: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/

14 hours ago, Gradthenmed said:

You can convert your GPA to a uOttawa GPA here: https://international.uottawa.ca/en/grading-system

The uOttawa GPA system is a 10 point system but it may also be beneficial to convert it to a 4 point system as well. You can find the conversion chart depending on which school you are looking at here: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/

Thank you but I don’t understand it. Can you do it for me my total aggregate is 67%. The grading at my dental college for bachelors was very tough. Most students got this average

8 hours ago, Aiza said:

Thank you but I don’t understand it. Can you do it for me my total aggregate is 67%. The grading at my dental college for bachelors was very tough. Most students got this average

Typically they convert each class to the average and weight it based on the amount of credits the class is worth. Being said, the converted GPA is typically different than a percentage GPA as different grades have more or less weight on the final outcome. From the percentage alone you would have a 5.0/10 at uOttawa or a 2.3/4.0.