uOttawa MPH

Gradthenmed

Thank you I really appreciate your help. So does that mean I have a chance of getting above 3.2. Since mostly students at my college were below this percentage. 

Also which university actually calculates it and provide this before starting my application

also when will I see the converted gpa (as in when I apply or even before it I can get it)

1 hour ago, Canada1 said:

Thanks for sharing !!! I have to say I got accepted! I hope for all of you it was good news and hope to meet you in September. 

I was also accepted! If you wanted to connect sometime it would be nice to have a friendly face :)

On 6/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, Gradthenmed said:

Typically they convert each class to the average and weight it based on the amount of credits the class is worth. Being said, the converted GPA is typically different than a percentage GPA as different grades have more or less weight on the final outcome. From the percentage alone you would have a 5.0/10 at uOttawa or a 2.3/4.0.

Thank you I appreciate your response

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, Gradthenmed said:

Typically they convert each class to the average and weight it based on the amount of credits the class is worth. Being said, the converted GPA is typically different than a percentage GPA as different grades have more or less weight on the final outcome. From the percentage alone you would have a 5.0/10 at uOttawa or a 2.3/4.0.

Oh okay thank you for the guidance. Wishing you the best!

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 033 said:

Hi, is anyone waitlisted? Or have any information about the waitlist? 

When I got my acceptance email, we were told to accept, defer or decline as soon as possible so that people on the waitlist could be informed if they are accepted or not. I believe we had until July 23rd to respond (and pay the deposit). Someone can correct me on that date if I am wrong.

6 hours ago, Gradthenmed said:

When I got my acceptance email, we were told to accept, defer or decline as soon as possible so that people on the waitlist could be informed if they are accepted or not. I believe we had until July 23rd to respond (and pay the deposit). Someone can correct me on that date if I am wrong.

Thanks! I had no idea that there was a deferral option? So, a deferral for September 2021? 

2 hours ago, 033 said:

Thanks! I had no idea that there was a deferral option? So, a deferral for September 2021? 

I would assume its for 2021! Because of COVID some student may not want to complete this Master's online so they have a deferral option (from what I read on the website).

On 7/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Gradthenmed said:

I would assume its for 2021! Because of COVID some student may not want to complete this Master's online so they have a deferral option (from what I read on the website).

quick question...did you start enrolling into courses? b/c I checked uozone and it seems that there's empty seats. 

11 hours ago, 033 said:

quick question...did you start enrolling into courses? b/c I checked uozone and it seems that there's empty seats. 

Some people have started to enrol in courses but it didn't allow me to until about a week or so after my deposit was received. We also have to do it manually so people who are not familiar with the uOttawa system may have not figured it out yet either. I would check back every day multiple times a day to see if I could enrol lol. Plus some classes are stream specific so they will have open seats because only the people taking that stream will be in that class. 

• 4 months later...

Guys! Listen to my experience, how I increased my chances and did! A few months ago, just like you, I was worried about how to increase my chances of admission, and write the perfect personal application to the Dental school. I was confident in my knowledge, but in the correct execution of the document I needed the consultation of a person with experience in these matters. 
Thank heavens when my classmate recommended a sop for dental school service to me that helped her older sister get a positive response when she applied! 
Hopefully this will help increase your chances of success! And please do not risk your future, because we have a limited number of attempts to achieve a successful result! 
I wish you all good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 10:48 PM, jas98 said:

Hi sorry to comment on this older post, but does anyone know if uOttawa looks at the last 2 years for GPA or do they look at culminative for MPH specifically? Thank you. 

I believe they look at cumulative but I am not 100% sure

• 2 years later...