Japanese philosophy

hazewise

Hello! I'm currently an MA student and my main research interest is East Asian philosophy. My background is more focused in Confucian/Neo-Confucian philosophy but recently I stumbled into 20th century Japanese philosophy and have become particularly enamored with it. I've been trying to do research on PhD programs with faculty who write on this topic (mostly Yuasa, Watsuji and Nishida) but haven't had all that much success. It's not the end of the world if I don't have any luck with this search but I figured posting here wouldn't be a bad idea. Does anyone happen to work in a department with anything close to this area? Thanks in advance! 

I've found success finding faculty who write on areas aligned with my own areas of interest by searching for key words on Google Scholar, seeing who's writing about it in the last 10 years or so, and checking out which colleges they teach at.

Can second that I've heard good things about the Kyoto School at BC! When I visited Fordham, they mentioned that one of their new hires for the year was also interested in the Kyoto School. (Here's hoping the hire went through, given the circumstances!)