Is it too late to look for PIs/labs to join?

Uchuuko

Hi everyone. I got into Georgia State University on April 17th. I decided to take a thesis MS track afterwards, and so I need to find a lab to join. I emailed one professor last week (I did mention my interest in working in his lab in my SOP), but he hs yet to respond. I understand if it is because he is busy, or of the pandemic, but should I take this as a bad sign from the guy? I read that MS students typically join a lab during their first semester, but is it too really late to be asking to join labs? 

I would more than likely chalk it up to pandemic combined with it being the end of semester/summer break. Honestly, there have been times I've emailed my advisor and she doesn't get back to me, so I send a follow up and she had missed my previous email. I would consider that before them ignoring you because it's too late to join. 

On 5/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, PsyDuck90 said:

I would more than likely chalk it up to pandemic combined with it being the end of semester/summer break. Honestly, there have been times I've emailed my advisor and she doesn't get back to me, so I send a follow up and she had missed my previous email. I would consider that before them ignoring you because it's too late to join. 

Thank you. I somehow didn't get a notification about your reply. I wish I read your post sooner though. I went ahead and asked another professor if he was interested, and he responded within a day. I'll follow up with the professor I was concerned about though.