OISE - Doctor of Education in Child Study and Education (2020)

Oisehopeful

Hi everyone!

Has any one applied to the EdD program at OISE for the Fall? I just submitted my application last week. I know it was late - I was intending to apply for 2021 entry, however, I recently completing my Masters teaching degree in Buffalo and during my research I noticed the program was STILL accepting applications! I decided to go ahead and just apply. Currently have four years of teaching experience at a Private school - a mix of high school and elementary. I hold a degree in Elementary education and my certification is in Primary. 

Has anyone here already been enrolled into the program? I would loooove to hear from you regarding interview, how long the wait was, etc;

Thank you!

PS. I posted this in the "waiting it out thread" but realized that not a lot of people are waiting now, since its so close to Fall 2020. I don't mean to spam :)

I believe they still do accept students for Fall 2020, also some PhD programs are open for part-time studies. However, I also know that all the financial aid has already been allocated. 

Hey! Thanks for the response! This is not for the funded PhD though. This is the self-funded EdD. Also, I checked the stats online and it says 0 applications as of February 2020. How can that possibly be true? Has anyone heard of this program, applied or gotten in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I email to Diana program coordinator and she said admission committee still working on decisions. 

I didn't applied to any other program but only EdD. Being an international students I am worried whether I will get an offer or not. 

Oisehelpful, you received offer for Med from oise a week before. Can I know your gpa and experience? 

I had 4.0 Masters GPA and a fairly low GPA of 3.2 in my last year of undergrad. I’ve been teaching for close to 5 years though.

Did the coordinator mention anything about when we would hear back? I wish you the best of luck. I understand that the wait is tough, but hang in there!

She has been telling you for the last month that the earliest is “tomorrow”? Sorry, just clarifying. Or is August 12th the earliest? It would be a little inconvenient to find out shortly before classes start, however because of the current situation I can understand the delay.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten an acceptance from this program yet? School starts in less than a month and it’s super unsettling not knowing what I will be doing. I understand covid has slowed them down but I’ve heard back from both other programs that I’ve applied to. 

Hi, 

I heard last week from oise got rejection letter for EdD application. ☹️

@Oisehelpful..can you plz guide me for MeD application because I am thinking to apply for that in next intake. You have got accepted in this program so it will be helpful if you can suggest some valuable information to strengthen my application. Further, did you selected/ spoken to any supervisor to consider you as a student for MeD /edd.

Regards 

Oh no. That sucks. I’m sorry to hear that. Yes you can ask me any question you may have for the MEd program. Just be sure to write a good statement of intent outlining your background and have a clear statement about what it is that you are interested in to research. Other than that, good grades also help a bunch!