GRFP 2020-2021 + Weight of Personal vs Research statement

Noonoosh

Hi All,

I was wondering if you guys may give me an idea of which one of the 2 statements  (personal or research statement) have more value in getting the acceptance from the committee?

Thank you,

Nooshin 

• 2 weeks later...

Butting in to ask if anyone has comments/thoughts on the new "priority areas."

Editing to add to Nooshin: historically they have cared about both. You can't just care more about one and expect to get it. Even nailing both can lead to a rejection.

Edited by lkaitlyn

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 5:15 PM, lkaitlyn said:

Butting in to ask if anyone has comments/thoughts on the new "priority areas."

Still waiting for more clarification from NSF. A letter has been written to NSF and is still collection more signatures, in hopes to reverse the change or get more clarification on how this will be carried out in the review process.

https://jasonjwilliamsny.github.io/grfp2020/

On 8/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, jmillar said:

Still waiting for more clarification from NSF. A letter has been written to NSF and is still collection more signatures, in hopes to reverse the change or get more clarification on how this will be carried out in the review process.

https://jasonjwilliamsny.github.io/grfp2020/

Saw this the other day. Glad I'm now the only one who's a touch salty about it! ?