Should I skip NT1?

Mikas@

Hi guys, I am going to start my first year as a seminary student in Toronto School of Theology. I already took a survey course on NT when I was an undergrad. Should I talk to the director of study to see if I can skip the NT1 for first year student? What's the difference between an undergraduate NT survey and a graduate NT survey?  I would guess that the graduate NT is more in depth. But with my previous knowledge, should I just do some in-depth reading on my own?

By the way, is anyone familiar with ToT's faculty? I wish to combine theology with biblical studies. Any professor to recommend? 

I don’t know TST’s policy but generally if you took NT1 as an undergrad and it was relatively recent, schools will let you skip it. Generally I encourage people to accept these kind of opportunities.

The only real downside that I see is that these foundational courses are where incoming students really get to know one another. Well, more so the study groups and coffee meetings between classes. So, still try to take advantage of these and be a face that people know!