Online Profile's Effect to Faculty Reviewer

Anna D.C.

Question

Hi! I recently built up my LinkedIn account after I observed that successful applicants in a particular school have a well-established LinkedIn profile. I just made it in case the faculty reviewers would search it. Here's my first question, does LinkedIn matter in the application process? 
Regarding the content of my profile, I do not have work yet, but I have several on-going research works. Should I include it in my application and LinkedIn profile? 
It would very much help to hear tips on my online visibility. Thank you! 

1 answer to this question

Im only guessing as I have no background in admissions, just tons of experience-- YES it does matter. I imagine all public information should matter to competitive schools. Its better to not have one at all than have one that looks incomplete or shows a different picture.

I would definitely include your research projects and roles, but more importantly submit a professional CV. I also recommend getting some volunteer experience, and listing volunteer roles, showing that you are involved in community, particularly relating to your subject if possible.

Edited by kreitz128
Overhauled my response after more thought.