Chances of getting in

Hello everybody!g

I am currently a senior at UCF and have been starting my applications. I have already gotten all of my letters of rec but i am scared for my GPA and GRE scores. I Graduate  next spring and I still have time to raise my GPA with my fall grades to send transcripts to schools. My GPA right now is a 3.2 cumulative and a 3.4 major GPA. My GRE scores are V145 Q141 AW3. I know these are the best Gpa and gre scores but Im taking the GRE again in September and Have another semester to raise my GPA. I have worked for an after school program for the past 4 years and will start a new job in two weeks. I am also going to start shadowing an SLP which will go until December er. I am also in NSSLHA and plan to volunteer a bunch once school starts. I have volunteered in the past I just want to get in somewhere and i'm scared my stats are not the best.

It really depends where you apply and on the applicant pool. I would try applying out of state if you can. Check out different schools and see if you can find their average GRE and GPA acceptance ranges and if you fall slightly below it then don't be discouraged you should still apply! If you can I would retake the GRE using magoosh helped me bring my score up! Your major GPA isn't bad at all and most schools require just a minimum of a 3.2 or 3.0 which you meet. Build up a bunch of relevant volunteer experiences through NSSLHA or hospitals or organizations that service populations SLPs commonly work with like the special needs population and get involved in research if you can too. Some states are more competitive than others, but I also know some undergrads like to keep their own students so if your well known around your department that helps too getting strong letters of rec.

I am also very nervous. I got my scores today with a V149 and Q147 (only the 28th percentile) my essay was 4.5. My GPA for CSD is much lower than my overall GPA and I'm concerned how competitive my application will be. I have a leadership position in NSSLHA, I've work in a couple labs, and I volunteer regularly with special-needs adults. It's so expensive to take the test again on top of grad school applications, is it worth it to redo? I studied for a month straight and feel that if I do take it again it won't be that much higher, I'm also going back to school soon so the study time window is closing fast. I'm really overwhelmed, some schools I've looked at want scores in the 150s and with my Quant being in the 28th percentile I feel that I've lost my chance. 

41 minutes ago, Sarah111 said:

I am also very nervous. I got my scores today with a V149 and Q147 (only the 28th percentile) my essay was 4.5. My GPA for CSD is much lower than my overall GPA and I'm concerned how competitive my application will be. I have a leadership position in NSSLHA, I've work in a couple labs, and I volunteer regularly with special-needs adults. It's so expensive to take the test again on top of grad school applications, is it worth it to redo? I studied for a month straight and feel that if I do take it again it won't be that much higher, I'm also going back to school soon so the study time window is closing fast. I'm really overwhelmed, some schools I've looked at want scores in the 150s and with my Quant being in the 28th percentile I feel that I've lost my chance. 

My overall was higher than my CSD (stats in my signature) and you have a higher GRE than I do and I still got in more than half the schools I applied too! I had very similar experience as you. I would apply to schools within your stat range and apply out of state if you can.

I’m involved in many volunteer things at my school I just signed up for the language learning center for the whole semester and I am starting to shadow an slp next week! So excited for that. I also work as an afterscbools counselor so I am around kids every single day. I’m trying to build up my resume as much as possible.