NPSIA re-application - Fall 2021

h4ngp.t

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm intending to re-apply to the M.A. Program at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs for the semester starting in September 2021. I've previously applied for the semester starting in September 2020. My application was recommended for assessment but was eventually rejected.
I've contacted the office of admission asking for more details so I can improve on my second application, but the answer was very vague (we have limited spaces, the program is very competitive, etc.). They did mention that in some cases, people took additional undergraduate level courses 
related to international affairs to strengthen their application for a following year.

I was wondering if anyone has experience re-applying to NPSIA and can give some pointers or suggest some undergrad courses to take? Thank you so much!

1 answer to this question

I graduated from npsia last year. To strengthen my application I did several things including:

(1) took two introductory IR courses 

(2) asked an IR professor if I could be a research assistant for a semester 

(3) volunteered a local, small international development agency 

(4) became an online UN volunteer (very easy to do)

feel free to DM me for any questions relating to CV building / statement of purpose letter, or just general questions about the program (co-ops, courses, etc.)