Banting Fellowship - 2020-2021

PsychBoy

11 minutes ago, eeb_scientist said:

I *still* haven't received an email from NSERC about the PDF results even though they were posted > 1 week ago!

Oh...so I guess we are all back to checking ResearchNet compulsively!

22 minutes ago, bestwishesforgrads said:

I wonder if results will be updated during the scheduled maintenance on Feb 12?

Or after? It doesn't really make sense for them to release the results when they know the site is going to be down for more than 48 hrs...

Just now, DevsChick said:

Or after? It doesn't really make sense for them to release the results when they know the site is going to be down for more than 48 hrs...

I was thinking maybe part of the maintenance was updating the application status of the roughly (if it’s the same as last year) 540 applicants waiting for results? That would coincide with the mid-February timeframe, as well. 

4 minutes ago, bestwishesforgrads said:

I was thinking maybe part of the maintenance was updating the application status of the roughly (if it’s the same as last year) 540 applicants waiting for results? That would coincide with the mid-February timeframe, as well. 

I doubt the two things are related (there are a lot more people using research net than just Banting applicants) and if they were I'm sure some applicant would have noted this as a sign in previous years on grad cafe. Probably better to plan for a later announcement date from an emotional perspective. I know this is hard. 

Me neither, but I'm taking solace in the fact that there were significantly more applicants than last year and I was eligible on all criteria. 

Edited by DevsChick

45 minutes ago, DevsChick said:

I'm really sorry :( I really was rooting for you.

Thanks! I do really feel like parts of my application really improved since last year, although of course I would prefer to have the funding. I’ve got a few other proposals out there in Canada and elsewhere, so I guess we’ll see what the FRQSC says in April...

15 minutes ago, musichistorygeek said:

Thanks! I do really feel like parts of my application really improved since last year, although of course I would prefer to have the funding. I’ve got a few other proposals out there in Canada and elsewhere, so I guess we’ll see what the FRQSC says in April...

I think the fact that we're here, and that we were able to get the external support required for our applications is positive in itself. I pulled my application together between September 1st and the deadline so it's a miracle I wasn't ranked last (and that I was able to submit at all) I'm waiting on a SSHRC postdoc application and the good news is that the research proposal was the strongest scoring section, and it's the part that is identical between the two proposals. I'll think positive thoughts for both of us!