Cornell Cipa MPA 20-21 cycle

Zeus23

6 hours ago, gl1998 said:

Congratulations! That's awesome that you got accepted to the EMPA program! Professor O'Toole is awesome (although he let me call him Tom lol). I got into the MPA program a week ago. Different program, but I am trying to look for housing and roommates now. Haha. Anyways, congrats!?

Congrats to you as well! He did seem like a chill guy. I wish I had the opportunity to go residential, super jealous! EMPA does have 3, 1 week periods on campus and I’m really looking forward to it. 

Hi! Congrats to all the admits!

I'm an international applicant, applied in October, and got my admission letter late December.

I have some questions/concerns:

1/ I still haven't heard back from CIPA concerning their financial aid offer. They were supposed to notify us by March 1st though... Have any other international applicants received their financial aid offer?? (I emailed Jennifer and Jamaica 10 days ago, and still no reply...)

2/ If we do decide to attend CIPA, when is the deadline to pay the deposit and how much is the deposit?

15 hours ago, rainbow888 said:

Hi! Congrats to all the admits!

I'm an international applicant, applied in October, and got my admission letter late December.

I have some questions/concerns:

1/ I still haven't heard back from CIPA concerning their financial aid offer. They were supposed to notify us by March 1st though... Have any other international applicants received their financial aid offer?? (I emailed Jennifer and Jamaica 10 days ago, and still no reply...)

2/ If we do decide to attend CIPA, when is the deadline to pay the deposit and how much is the deposit?

Hi there! I am also an international applicant. I got in, and same with you I am still waiting on the financial reward letter.

I emailed CIPA a few days ago asking about the financial reward. They basically said they will send out reward letters in April. If you want, just shoot them an email and ask about the status of your financial aid package! ?

Edited by gl1998

20 hours ago, gl1998 said:

Hi there! I am also an international applicant. I got in, and same with you I am still waiting on the financial reward letter.

I emailed CIPA a few days ago asking about the financial reward. They basically said they will send out reward letters in April. If you want, just shoot them an email and ask about the status of your financial aid package! ?

I'm glad to know that we are in the same boat!

Wow, April is super late for the financial aid notifications! We need to decide whether or not to attend CIPA before April 15th, right? That won't give us much time to make our decision...

Also, does anyone know how much the deposit is and when the deadline to pay is?

Is it just me or is the department not that great at answering emails. I am curious to see if they will increase their financial offers but I haven’t heard a reply from ANYONE I’ve emailed despite the fact they keep spamming me with emails about events. 

2 hours ago, Skipper18542 said:

Is it just me or is the department not that great at answering emails. I am curious to see if they will increase their financial offers but I haven’t heard a reply from ANYONE I’ve emailed despite the fact they keep spamming me with emails about events. 

No you are not alone! :')I have been trying to reach out to them regarding their decision on my financial aid package. They said they will get back to me sometime in April. So, I guess they are also reviewing the decisions that they have made already (aka. your package) sometime in April. 

31 minutes ago, gl1998 said:

No you are not alone! :')I have been trying to reach out to them regarding their decision on my financial aid package. They said they will get back to me sometime in April. So, I guess they are also reviewing the decisions that they have made already (aka. your package) sometime in April. 

They haven’t even gotten back to me on who I have to contact for it! I emailed everyone I could find and nobody responded even that. Hopefully they do soon since I’d like a revised offer for sure 

1 hour ago, Devine123 said:

Have you requested revised aid? I reach out and after following up a second time I got a response that didn't answer my question of additional aid and gave me ways of sourcing other aid!

Can I ask for specifics to what they had emailed you? Did they say they'll consider your ask and get back to you in April?

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my end. They did not ever really email me back. They are really bad at emailing people back. When I asked if they would even consider raising my aid by showing a few offers they completely ghosted me and never reached back out to me. I tried to get in touch with everyone in the department and did not receive a single response from anyone. I am honestly very disappointed in Cornell given the fact that they love to brag that they are an Ivy League and all, but they end up treating us like they were some random school. 

Anyways, I turned them down to go to UCLA. Any updates on anyone else's end? 

Edited by Skipper18542

11 minutes ago, user110266 said:

They had told me that they would provide an aid decision by April 10th, and I still have not heard anything. I am getting concerned as we need to formally decide to the university by the 15th. 

I am so concerned as well. They just never get back to me regarding my financial aid reconsideration.. :( 

3 minutes ago, user110266 said:

Yes, I emailed Jennifer on Friday and she said they had a committee meeting Friday at noon and they would send out notifications accordingly. I'm hoping we hear something today, but it is getting later and later. 

Thanks! Hoping we hear back today... meanwhile received an email from Michigan that they'll let us know about aid negotiation before the 20th. sigh ?

• 9 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:36 AM, GradSchoolCrayy said:

Hello!

Just jumping in for 2022 admits! Anyone around?

Would also love to hear from any current cipa students!

I'm waiting to hear from cipa. Also, do they give financial aid information along with the admission decisions?

I got an admit from Cornell but no aid information yet. Has anyone written to them regarding financial aid decisions?

Edited by GradSchoolCrayy

3 hours ago, GradSchoolCrayy said:

I got an admit from Cornell but no aid information yet. Has anyone written to them regarding financial aid decisions?

Hey!

I also got an admit a while back but no financial aid decisions. The admit letter says they will send out decisions by March 1st.