Cornell Cipa MPA 20-21 cycle

Zeus23

Just now, loiewo said:

Yes - how did you get one? I emailed a long time ago and have yet to hear anything

I emailed with Jennifer in Admissions. I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and was able to get one due to that. There is also the option to fill out a fee waiver request form when submitting your application (if I remember correctly). Hope that helps!

4 minutes ago, Panda27 said:

I emailed with Jennifer in Admissions. I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and was able to get one due to that. There is also the option to fill out a fee waiver request form when submitting your application (if I remember correctly). Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, Panda27 said:

@gl1998super valid to feel nervous! I felt the same way. Waiting is the hardest part. Maybe I can help ease your nervousness. I waited about 10 weeks before hearing. I am guessing that COVID-19 has pushed all decision dates, because all the dates we were told we were "supposed to hear" passed with no word. I would just try and be as patient as possible- NOT EASY! (i know). good luck!

Thank you so much for encouraging me!!! ❤️ I appreciate it!! Ok, I will patiently wait!!! :) Hope to keep you all updated and hope to become your cohort!!!

On 2/7/2021 at 10:46 AM, gl1998 said:

Anyone submitted applications in early January?? :(( btw you guys are awesome ?? you all received your decisions!! I applied kinda later, like on Jan. 5th. Handed in everything (3 letters of recommendation, etc) on that day, and completed my interview on January 6th. Then I heard back on Jan. 12th to fill out the supplemental form about financial aid. Right now I am just SUPER anxious cuz it has been almost 6 weeks since I applied but haven't heard back... But Jennifer said I am supposed to hear back some time next week... I just don't know anymore cuz I am so nervous?

have you heard anything? I am kinda anxious as well... 

3 hours ago, Jillian333 said:

Hi again! Congratulations to everyone that got good news about funding! I committed shortly after receiving my offer, and I wanted to see if any of you know if there is an admitted students Facebook page or anything along those lines!

Hey there, I am down for that! Could you or anyone post the name of the group here after creating it on Facebook? So people who are admitted could search the name and join.

3 hours ago, Jillian333 said:

Hi again! Congratulations to everyone that got good news about funding! I committed shortly after receiving my offer, and I wanted to see if any of you know if there is an admitted students Facebook page or anything along those lines!

That's awesome. Congratulations for committing! How did you know that this is the program for you with such certainty?  This is a great program! and I am definitely highly considering it. Also, I am about to talk to a CIPA student tomorrow and can ask if there are any groups like that. 

2 minutes ago, Panda27 said:

That's awesome. Congratulations for committing! How did you know that this is the program for you with such certainty?  This is a great program! and I am definitely highly considering it. Also, I am about to talk to a CIPA student tomorrow and can ask if there are any groups like that. 

There were several personal reasons for me, like the fact that it is relatively close to home for me! I ended up choosing CIPA because it seems like the best program out there for the price I’ll be paying, especially considering the upcoming transition to the School of Public Policy! Also, I am hoping to continue on to a PhD, so the fact that there is an option to do a master’s thesis in your second year was a huge part of my choice. Past that  I think CIPA opens up its students to a great network within and outside of the program. 

Submitted my application 2 weeks ago and video interview a week ago, anyone else around the same time? Little but worried that my application is submitted but said my IELTS and TOEFL scores are pending, but I don't need to submit them due to speaking native English and attending an English based undergraduate degree. Anyone able to spread any light? ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 9:51 AM, Devine123 said:

Anyone else heard anything as of yet!?

Hey there, I heard from today's CIPA open house events that there are WAY more applicants this year. Jennifer was very nice though, like she said "thank you for your patience" to me. Honestly at this point, the only thing is to wait...

1 hour ago, Ravine55 said:

Thoughts on Admitted Students Day for those who attended? I had no expectations (because it was on Zoom), but I really enjoyed the staff/alumni and thought it was a helpful event.

I loved it! The events showed me how amazing the CIPA team is, and also many opportunities during and beyond the MPA program in Cornell. The employment rate is honestly fascinating. 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:28 PM, gl1998 said:

I loved it! The events showed me how amazing the CIPA team is, and also many opportunities during and beyond the MPA program in Cornell. The employment rate is honestly fascinating. 

It was great to hear from current students and alums. It was also settling to hear that the opportunities at Cornell are endless.

Hi! I am new here! 

I recently accepted admission to the EMPA program and I there really isn't much chatter in any online communities about it. Anyone here accepted? I Interviewed with Dr. O'Toole and was accepted a few days later and I just wish I had someone to compare notes with! 

3 hours ago, Zilch30 said:

Hi! I am new here! 

I recently accepted admission to the EMPA program and I there really isn't much chatter in any online communities about it. Anyone here accepted? I Interviewed with Dr. O'Toole and was accepted a few days later and I just wish I had someone to compare notes with! 

Congratulations! That's awesome that you got accepted to the EMPA program! Professor O'Toole is awesome (although he let me call him Tom lol). I got into the MPA program a week ago. Different program, but I am trying to look for housing and roommates now. Haha. Anyways, congrats!?