Cornell Cipa MPA 20-21 cycle

Zeus23

Starting a thread for those applying to CIPA this application cycle, 20-21.

I submitted my application 3 Sept and my last letter of recommendation trickled in on 11 Sept. I know that they accept applications on a rolling basis, I'm just wondering the speed of things with COVID? Based on past posts, I doubt anyone applied as early as I did, but has anyone heard anything?

I spoke with the admissions representatives at a recent online event. They told me that applications could be processed in as little as two weeks or in 4-6 weeks during particularly busy periods. Seeing as you applied literally two days after the application opened (why?), you're coming up on six weeks. My guess is they want more applications to pile up and that they'll start getting back to us in November, but I might be wrong. I'm submitting mine this week and prodding my letter writers to submit their letters within the next two weeks. Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

Their admissions page states that they are still accepting students for Spring 2021 and that the deadline for those applications is the end of November. I imagine they won't get to any Fall applicants sooner than that. If I were you, I would ask during the required online interview for a better idea. 

Here's a link to a similar thread from a few years ago, where the earliest applicant to post about their decision on the thread received their admission on February 15th. Many had to wait well into March. I bet you will be one of the first to hear back, but as @Ravine55stated, they'll probably only start looking at Fall applicants around November. Props to you for applying so early. Assuming my LORs don't take longer than expected, I'm planning to have everything completed within two-three weeks. Definitely give us any updates if you can!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still nothing and im not too happy about it. I feel that their communication has been pretty bad. I applied in Sept, their website says 4-6 weeks- its been 3 months. I got it, covid and all. But they should have told us more. I have been reachng out to try to find out. I was first told 1 Dec, then told week of 1 Dec. I wrote yesterday, since 10 days over and now its just "soon"

On 12/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, Zeus23 said:

When I saw the financial form- I kinda gave up a little inside. Like "oh lawd, we are just on this step?!" They made it sound like a decision was imminent.

In other forums I’ve been seeing that they send out acceptances before finding notice