What are the top government affairs programs in Europe?

4 hours ago, InternationalStudent said:

In the US it's easy, HKS and Princeton, with maybe SIPA and SAIS as distant seconds? But what are the top government affairs programs (can be anything, really: MPP, MPA, IR, whatever) in Europe? I can't think of any particular one that stands out over the others... 

You are asking a really unfair question. The better question to ask. What is the best government affairs program for XYZ purpose. 

The one with the broad based brand overall in English speaking areas is likely Oxford.

IR in terms of security issues, I would argue Oxford as well.

The one best for working with IGOs in Central Europe may I dare say Graduate Institute in Geneva (Granted I'm sure that is controversial.

Central Europe Specific would probably be Hertie School

Analytical Academic Research - Sciences Po 

See what I'm getting at? (and I'm sure someone would disagree with targeted identification, but generally agree I'm on the right track)

Same story with US schools - it depends on what you are trying to aim for career wise / education access wise. 

Edited by GradSchoolGrad

Europe... 

Depends on your area but these are all reputable. There are sometimes really intriguing joint degree options too - I think there might be an LSE/Sciences Po option like that. That would be my personal choice I think. 

All these programs have specific advantages in different areas. 

UK: Oxbridge, London School of Economics, King's College London, SOAS. 

Continental Europe: Sciences Po, Leiden, Free University of Berlin, Amsterdam, ETH Zurich

17 hours ago, GradSchoolGrad said:

You are asking a really unfair question. The better question to ask. What is the best government affairs program for XYZ purpose. 

The one with the broad based brand overall in English speaking areas is likely Oxford.

The one best for working with IGOs in Central Europe may I dare say Graduate Institute in Geneva (Granted I'm sure that is controversial.

See what I'm getting at? (and I'm sure someone would disagree with targeted identification, but generally agree I'm on the right track)

Same story with US schools - it depends on what you are trying to aim for career wise / education access wise. 

Would you mind elaborating more on why you chose Scineces Po as a top school for analytical academic research?

1 minute ago, gvx630 said:

Would you mind elaborating more on why you chose Scineces Po as a top school for analytical academic research?

Totally unscientific, but all the Europeans from my grad program always referenced Sciences Po as such for Europe. I honestly never heard of any other European grad program held up as the place for broad academic policy research outside of Sciences Po (like yes, German schools will research German topics and etc.). In all fairness, our European population was disproportionately French and Spanish. 

Edited by GradSchoolGrad

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2020 at 5:48 AM, EscapingBrexit said:

Europe... 

Depends on your area but these are all reputable. There are sometimes really intriguing joint degree options too - I think there might be an LSE/Sciences Po option like that. That would be my personal choice I think. 

All these programs have specific advantages in different areas. 

UK: Oxbridge, London School of Economics, King's College London, SOAS. 

Continental Europe: Sciences Po, Leiden, Free University of Berlin, Amsterdam, ETH Zurich

taxis high wycombe

Agreed

• 4 months later...
On 10/16/2020 at 2:02 AM, GradSchoolGrad said:

Same story with US schools - it depends on what you are trying to aim for career wise / education access wise.  luxury pret pakistan