NSF Fellowship Late Letter of Rec

W000H000

Long story short, I only have 2/3 letters of recommendation submitted for the NSF fellowship. Has anyone else had a recommender miss the deadline? Did the NSF accept a late letter? The NSF website seems pretty strict on this, but I'm hoping that is just posturing. My letter writer emailed them so we will see. My application will still be reviewed with only two letters, but that will probably significantly reduce my chances.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck getting a late letter of recommendation accepted. Also curious if anyone has won with just two letters. 

NSF will absolutely not accept a later letter, unfortunately, from what I know about them, though please let me know if that has changed. If you're a current grad student with another year of eligibility, I'd consider waiting and applying next year since you can only apply once in grad school. If you're a 2nd year grad student or undergrad, I'd keep the app in. There have been people who have won with only two letters, but it's not ideal. I'm sorry your recommender did that to you. That's really unprofessional and not cool on their part.

Edited by lkaitlyn