2 questions related to the MPH applications submissions !

MPH2021Canada

Simply my question is, from your experience and/or knowledge , does it make any difference to submit my application either very early "as early as one week after opening the application process"  Or very late "as late as 2 weeks from dead line"? or all the same ?

Another question is is it a good practice after submitting my application to send e-mail to the graduarte office or the program admin to say that I've submitted my application and all the reference letters has been sent, or no need to send such an e-mail?

Thanks in advance for your inputs everyone.

I only have experience with US apps but I think it’s similar in Canada. I don’t think it matters at all when you submit, except that you want to leave a bit of time to make sure everything is in, which it sounds like you are already doing!

As for following up, definitely no need to let them know. However, if you want to email them to touch base to confirm all of your letters of rec, transcripts, GRE, etc have been received by the school and you have a complete application, I think that’s totally fine and actually I’m doing that myself. 

good luck!

23 hours ago, CatMeow1234 said:

I only have experience with US apps but I think it’s similar in Canada. I don’t think it matters at all when you submit, except that you want to leave a bit of time to make sure everything is in, which it sounds like you are already doing!

As for following up, definitely no need to let them know. However, if you want to email them to touch base to confirm all of your letters of rec, transcripts, GRE, etc have been received by the school and you have a complete application, I think that’s totally fine and actually I’m doing that myself. 

good luck!

I think what you said is right I guess. 

I just was wondering why some universities recommend to apply and submit as early as possible, but may be as you said , just to make sure that all documents are fulfilled!

Thanks CateMeow!

Some programs start reviewing applications as soon as they are complete, and some don't even look at applications until after the deadline. So if your apps are ready, it certainly doesn't hurt to submit them early, and it might give you a slight advantage.