Thank you gifts for placement supervisor

A-1

Hi! I'm a second year graduate student finishing up my first placement in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone has a good gift idea to give to my SLP supervisors? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I think a Target gift card would be a great idea. I think most SLP's love Target lol. I'm also planning to give a thank-you gift to my supervisor when my placement ends in a few weeks and will likely give her a gift card to there. If not Target, a gift card to Starbucks, Amazon, etc. would be a good idea too.

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote a nice card, gave an Amazon gift card, and/or gave them a nice bag of chocolates. Honestly, supervisors just want a nice card/letter saying thank you! They know grad students don't have a lot of money. Also, I find that Amazon gift cards are the easiest to use, especially with the pandemic! Another idea is to think of a material that they might use frequently (artic cards from Super Duper, Pop of Pirate, Legos, teachers pay teachers material that you laminate & velcro for them so it is prepared and ready to be used). But that depends on how much stuff you supervisor already has!! Sometimes SLPs really don't want more stuff unless it is guaranteed to be used. 

• 1 month later...

I know this is much past the original post, but just thought I'd share what I gave my supervisor last semester that she loved! A fun slp oriented mug and some fresh coffee from a local roaster (I knew she loved coffee) and of course a thank you card for everything. She loved it :) 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/735158696/speech-therapist-mug-speech-therapist?ref=yr_purchases