Rangel/Pickering 2020/2021 Application Cycle

Paper Towns

• Paper Towns changed the title to Rangel/Pickering 2020/2021 Application Cycle
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jesuisnatalie said:

Hey guys! I also applied to both. I think we hear back from Rangel on Nov 18th and Pickering the week after -- the specific dates are listed on the website. Trying not to worry too much! 

I thought the same; however, I saw it says the 17th on a lot of their webinars and parts of their site. My guess is it will be either tomorrow or Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, jesuisnatalie said:

Ahhh now I'm really nervous! Good luck to you! I'm feeling slightly better that they're both accepting 50% more applicants this year, but who knows. I would love to know how covid has affected the number of people applying... I have a feeling more people applied this year than in the past.

Good luck to you as well! I was thinking about that too. On one hand, it is encouraging to know that 50% more applicants will be accepted. On the other hand, COVID could have potentially raised the number of applicants drastically or potentially lowered it (I also think the former might be a bit more possible). They don't ever release official statistics, do they?

3 hours ago, jesuisnatalie said:

Actually they do! For Pickering they received 844 applications in 2020 and 822 in 2019 (https://pickeringfellowship.org/resources/fellows-snapshots/#2020Snaps). I couldn't find the info for Rangel but I imagine it's similar. 

Wow! Thank you for that. Well, I hope we both get some positive news in the coming days/weeks. 

4 hours ago, yallabye said:

Long time lurker here, but is anyone aware of the time-frame of when they'd send out emails? I have a seminar today thats like 4 hours long, and so I know I probably won't be able to sit still lol. 

I got my rejection last night! 

9 hours ago, yallabye said:

Long time lurker here, but is anyone aware of the time-frame of when they'd send out emails? I have a seminar today thats like 4 hours long, and so I know I probably won't be able to sit still lol. 

I only applied to Pickering and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully the decision comes within the next few days though!

On 11/18/2020 at 9:25 PM, Paper Towns said:

Yeah, I am also now waiting for Pickering. Is there a reason you decided not to apply to Rangel?

No particular reason, I just found both at the same time and the Rangel deadline came earlier. Didn't want to rush an application, so put all my effort into Pickering.

Also- has anyone heard back yet?

Edited by itsbenr99

1 hour ago, itsbenr99 said:

No particular reason, I just found both at the same time and the Rangel deadline came earlier. Didn't want to rush an application, so put all my effort into Pickering.

Also- has anyone heard back yet?

I just got the e-mail from Pickering. I'm an alternate. Did you hear back?