Letter of Recommendation for an MPP program? (Joint MBA/MPP applicants)

I'm in the process of applying to MPP or related programs within the U.S, especially at top-tier programs like Harvard Kennedy School. I plan to pursue a joint MBA/MPP degree.

The MPP programs had asked for letters of recommendation (LOR).

Does anyone have tips, samples, or ideas of what makes a stellar letter of recommendation for a public policy program (MPP)?

So I can guide my recommenders because they've never written a LOR for a public policy program and had asked me for some guidance. Two are within academia and one is my client with a social impact business. TIA!

21 hours ago, wildchartermage said:

I'm in the process of applying to MPP or related programs within the U.S, especially at top-tier programs like Harvard Kennedy School. I plan to pursue a joint MBA/MPP degree.

The MPP programs had asked for letters of recommendation (LOR).

Does anyone have tips, samples, or ideas of what makes a stellar letter of recommendation for a public policy program (MPP)?

So I can guide my recommenders because they've never written a LOR for a public policy program and had asked me for some guidance. Two are within academia and one is my client with a social impact business. TIA!

I mean, this tell you everything that you need.

https://www.hks.harvard.edu/admissions-aid/masters-program-admissions/how-apply/letters-recommendation

The key point of emphasis is to highlight this in a story form and not a check list. The more your recommendations can speak of these qualities for you in story form, the better off it should be. So basically, I should be equally excited to read your LOR as an article from a newspaper.