Is it bad to p/f a core class in biostats during my MS if I want to apply for PhD

Castles

Hello everyone, I am in the biostats MS program in my dream school and due to online learning I am not keeping up with my academic performance and am considering p/f a core class (Probability 1) that is in the core PhD curriculum of the school. My question is how bad would this look if I want to apply for my school's PhD program after my MS degree. Would COVID be able to take some of that sting off of p/f-ing a core class? 

For context, I am also an international student so the chances are already tough.. And if I continue with the course I am likely to get something like a B+ which will really impact my GPA. 

Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks!

Since you are applying to your own school's PhD program, even if you change to p/f they can still see your performance. I would suggest you go through everything covered in class and do as much as practice you can. If you show major improvement in the final exam, I think you could end up getting something better than a B+. Also a low grade in one course won't kill your application.